JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Wine please!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2657976-wine-please.html)

bribugg13 June 12th, 2013 05:05 AM

Wine please!!

Who's having/had a glass of wine in the last weeks of pregnancy? Did you wait to get the OK from your midwife or ob? Have you done it in the past, or was this a first? How often do you have a glass of wine? Just one? ;)

Joanne Nicole June 12th, 2013 05:16 AM

Re: Wine please!!

We have a big family dinner with my parents and my brother and his wife on saturday evenings. There's always wine, and I always allow myself a small glass.

SassySami June 12th, 2013 05:19 AM

I have had wine through out the pregnancy :)

Kyla0709 June 12th, 2013 06:05 AM

I haven't really had much during the pregnancy, but I had a glass last night and it felt sooo nice.

mommyandwife08 June 12th, 2013 06:09 AM

I haven't. Although I wouldn't mind having a glass at this point...just haven't. I am looking forward to that first glass though!

MarylandMama June 12th, 2013 06:36 AM

I hadn't until last week and I never did with DD. It had been a particularly rough day and I just had half a glass. Then, 2 days later, my midwife suggested a glass of wine to help me calm down since I have been so stressed. I told her about the half glass I had and either that day or the next day, I had another glass. I'm certainly not making a habit of it, but I was thinking about maybe having another one today...

LisaS June 12th, 2013 07:06 AM

Not wine, but a few ounces of beer here and there once I got past the first trimester.

Kalynas_Mom June 12th, 2013 07:12 AM

I haven't but not because I think people shouldn't, just because I've felt so sick off and on that i'm worried it will make me more nauseated and give me a headache. Today though.....I could really use one and I think I might indulge

navywifey2003 June 12th, 2013 08:04 AM

I did with Everett to stop my irritable uterus but I didn't this time around.

cheerfulsunrise June 12th, 2013 08:16 AM

I am not a big drinker anyway, but I wouldn't have any wine b/c I am just too paranoid about what I eat/drink/breathe in, etc when pregnant. I don't even drink caffiene ;) Just too much of a worry wort.

Madison.Hailey.Zack June 12th, 2013 08:22 AM

I have no plans to this time but I did with Hailey and I can't remember if I did with Madison. Just no desire to have any.

MamaSkunk June 12th, 2013 09:26 AM

I wouldn't at all even consider it not only cause they say anything you drink so does baby but cause Iam way too paranoid about fetal alcohol syndrome. And wine isn't that great in my opinion that it can't wait.

4hearts June 12th, 2013 10:37 AM

no, but i would if it was around. I've sipped on DH's beer sometimes though. But, just a few sips.

QueenCrafty June 12th, 2013 12:03 PM

I've had a few sips of DH's recently. I did have a small glass of champagne at 5 weeks as a celebratory toast with friends. I know my family wouldn't judge me but I think I'm too chicken

crawmommy June 12th, 2013 02:41 PM

I didn't I thought about it but I like the taste too much so I had alcohol removed wine so I could have a few glasses with no guilt. I did however have 1 sip of dh beer my 2nd to last week being pregnant & confirmed that I still don't like his beer anymore lol