JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Postpartum bleeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2658668-postpartum-bleeding.html)

Gen88 June 14th, 2013 04:53 PM

Postpartum bleeding

So here I am 2 weeks and 4 days postpartum and I think my bleeding has stopped, haven't had any blood on the pad for the last 3 days actually, but I kept wearing them just in case my uterus decided he was kidding and unleashed his wrath again! Lol. I wanted to know how long you bled for or how your bleeding is doing? Earlier I decided to give my hooha a break and not wear any pad at all since it seems to be irritating me down there. Nothing on the underwear so far. so, we'll see :)

rcjh12 June 14th, 2013 05:13 PM

Re: Postpartum bleeding

I'm one week out and have barely any bleeding. Spots here and there. I figure I have at least a few more days with pads.

loveneverfails June 14th, 2013 05:16 PM

I'm just over one week out and there are times in the day where I have nothing and then maybe once or twice a day I will have a decent amount for maybe an hour. Then back to nothing.

Gen88 June 14th, 2013 06:16 PM

Yeah my bleeding has been very minimal, it was almost gone by the third day after having her But I still had spotting here and there. I'm hoping this bleeding is gone for good. Well for now at least :) lol

MamaSkunk June 14th, 2013 07:18 PM

With DD I bled for the entire six weeks postpartum. Although it was real minimal after the first three weeks.

Mom2LillieAidan June 14th, 2013 08:13 PM

I still have a good bit of spotting and occasional spurts of bright red blood (only after nursing). I bled til 3 1/2 weeks with DD, so I expect about the same this time. The amount has severely decreased though.

MrsLat June 14th, 2013 08:45 PM

I am still bleeding :( Boo. It is down to only after nursing though. Hoping it will stop soon. I am so tired of pads!

ashleykathleen June 14th, 2013 09:14 PM

I'm 1 week 4 days out and I have hardly any bleeding anymore. In fact, this is waaaaay shorter than with my other two. I remember bleeding for closer to 3-4 weeks with my other kids.

Regardless, I'm pretty freaking happy about it!

morgankaedenmadisonsmommy June 14th, 2013 10:42 PM

I've been spotting for the past week. I'm 2 weeks 1 day pp.

Kim3 June 15th, 2013 04:23 AM

You ladies give me hope. I am only one week today so I have a bit. I am going out today to buy thinner pads though :)

Rissa6213 June 15th, 2013 09:53 AM

I only seem to bleed when I BF or pump...i wish it would stop all the way, i want to DTD with my hubby!

TeresaV June 15th, 2013 10:14 AM

I am also 2 weeks 4 days out and my bleeding has pretty much stopped, although it picks up a bit after doing too much. The pads are really irritating me, too.

jhmomofmany June 15th, 2013 10:54 AM

one week out I was almost done, then it came back. Three weeks, one day and I'm still spotting.

I get a kick out of you referring to your uterus as "he". LOL!

hilachu June 15th, 2013 02:04 PM

I'm four days in and not too bad on the bleeding front, hope it wont last long
I really don't remember how long it took with DS

navywifey2003 June 15th, 2013 02:45 PM

I have completely stopped. I really think the herbal bath aided in healing this time around.

Gen88 June 15th, 2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhmomofmany (Post 27449943)
one week out I was almost done, then it came back. Three weeks, one day and I'm still spotting.

I get a kick out of you referring to your uterus as "he". LOL!

My uterus is a pain in the butt sometimes so it must be a he! Lolol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 (Post 27449252)
I am still bleeding :( Boo. It is down to only after nursing though. Hoping it will stop soon. I am so tired of pads!

Same here, they're irritating me down there. I'm down to panty liners now. I can't wait to not have to wear any sort of pad at all anymore!

Gen88 June 15th, 2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSkunk (Post 27449134)
With DD I bled for the entire six weeks postpartum. Although it was real minimal after the first three weeks.

Yeah, with DS I bled for at least 4 weeks and then got my stupid period like a week after my bleeding stopped. So annoying. I'm guessing breast feeding helped my uterus shrink back faster than last time since I formula fed DS.

QueenCrafty June 16th, 2013 07:41 AM

I bled consistently for 4 weeks and then spotted until 6 weeks with both girls. I'm expecting about the same this time. I have long AFs normally so I'm wondering if that is why I have longer pp bleeding

TeresaMomTo2Boys June 16th, 2013 01:14 PM

I don't know about with Aidan but i'm 6 days pp and still wearing kotex long overnights during the day and the ones the hospital gave me at nights and I'm BF'ing. Today it's barely anything (knock on wood) but last night felt and looked like a normal heavy AF day

TeresaMomTo2Boys June 16th, 2013 08:03 PM

Since tampons are really a no no for the 6 weeks and pads are ridiculous...can you ladies share what you did during postpartum bleeding to either ease it or make it more manageable. Miss Genesis I saw a pic on instagram of you in white shorts....ummm at this stage I am like a middle school girl wearing dark shorts/pants and long shirts in case of a little accident and I really refuse to leave the house....even for Lil one's check up. Some days are decent and then others I want to rip my uterus out. I'd really prefer tampons and I'd feel more confident.