JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Scheduling. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2659015-scheduling.html)

Mom2LillieAidan June 16th, 2013 06:06 PM

Scheduling.

Are any of our new moms trying to get baby on a schedule yet? If so, what is it? If not, what time do you go into nighttime mode (ie. putting baby in their bed vs wherever they sleep during the day, putting night clothes on, etc)?

zkat June 16th, 2013 07:07 PM

Re: Scheduling.

Our "schedule" is baby led. I learned very quickly with my first that trying to force something at this stage ony ended in tears and frustration for me. Baby needs what baby needs and it doesn't change because it doesn't work for me. DH and I joked with B1 that as soon as we figured out his schedule, he changed it.

That being said, I do pay attention to patterns to help me figure out what he needs.

Mom2LillieAidan June 16th, 2013 07:14 PM

Maybe a better question would be has baby developed any patterns as far as night time goes?

zkat June 16th, 2013 07:20 PM

So far in the first 5days, he wakes up every 2.5 hours to eat for about 20min and the last one (3am orzo) he feeds longer but will gives us 4 hours or so

beatlechicksteph June 16th, 2013 08:08 PM

No schedule yet. I tried starting to put him in his crib after his last feeding at 11 or midnight, but he doesn't like to sleep in his crib yet. And he HATES any night time clothes, so he just sleeps in what he wore all day. I'm hoping he'll soon like to sleep in his crib, so I can sleep in our bed. But typically I'll declare it bed time after his last night time feeding because then usually he won't wake up again until 4 hours later.

ashleykathleen June 17th, 2013 01:10 PM

I also do baby led scheduling at this age. She eats when she is hungry and sleeps when she is tired. I do change her into jammies, rub her down with lotion, and lay her down in her cradle after her last evening feeding (usually around 10-11). After that, she goes in the cradle when she is sleeping until we all wake up for the day around 7-8. It honestly doesn't change her eating every 3-4 hours but I figure eventually it might help for her to know when it's nighttime vs daytime activity.

navywifey2003 June 17th, 2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleykathleen (Post 27454733)
I also do baby led scheduling at this age. She eats when she is hungry and sleeps when she is tired. I do change her into jammies, rub her down with lotion, and lay her down in her cradle after her last evening feeding (usually around 10-11). After that, she goes in the cradle when she is sleeping until we all wake up for the day around 7-8. It honestly doesn't change her eating every 3-4 hours but I figure eventually it might help for her to know when it's nighttime vs daytime activity.

This is what we do as well. But go off her lead at the same time.

Mom2LillieAidan June 17th, 2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleykathleen (Post 27454733)

This is what we've been doing. I wish he would be a little more predictable but that'll come with time.

TeresaV June 17th, 2013 06:10 PM

I turn off all bright lights around 8pm, do a diaper change around 8:30, and start a feeding after that. I let her eat until she falls asleep and try and put her down around 9:30. Obviously it's not a strict schedule yet, but I'm at least trying to get a nighttime routine started. Some nights she plays along...others not so much.