JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I must be crazy! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2659551-i-must-crazy.html)

ashleykathleen June 18th, 2013 08:35 AM

I must be crazy!

Starting today I am trying to potty train Kiefer. I didn't want to start before McKinley was born and have a whole bunch of setbacks so I decided to wait (plus he honestly wasn't ready). Well now he is more than ready and I'm home all day long with him so we are gonna give it a go. I'm feel crazy for attempting to potty train a 2 year old while caring for a 2 week old by myself but I'm sure it has been done by millions of women before.

Please wish me luck! He has already peed on my leather couch twice!

mommyandwife08 June 18th, 2013 08:46 AM

Re: I must be crazy!

Good luck! I potty trained our 2 year old a month and half ago. It is so nice having NONE in diapers...although that will be changing soon. One in diapers is better than 2, right? :D I hope he picks it up quickly!

MamaSkunk June 18th, 2013 09:37 AM

Good luck! DD is officially potty trained and has been for a few months and it was a bit of a struggle but its nice to not have to deal with diapers! My mom keeps saying to expect setbacks once lil man comes but I don't think it will be a problem cause DD still gets a gummy snack for going number two which she loves and she hates being messy lol.

navywifey2003 June 18th, 2013 09:53 AM

Good luck Hun! I hope it goes well.

MrsLat June 18th, 2013 10:02 AM

Good luck. I will be picking back up with potty training my 2 yr old son also soon so I be sharing in that experience with ya, lol.

ashleykathleen June 18th, 2013 10:56 AM

Valerie- is it just me or do you feel like you are changing an 8 year old compared to changing the baby? I feel like Kiefer is HUGE compared to her (he is actually tiny for his age, 5th percentile across the board). I just feel ridiculous changing his diaper all of a sudden.

zkat June 18th, 2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleykathleen (Post 27457597)
Valerie- is it just me or do you feel like you are changing an 8 year old compared to changing the baby? I feel like Kiefer is HUGE compared to her (he is actually tiny for his age, 5th percentile across the board). I just feel ridiculous changing his diaper all of a sudden.

I agree! Bourne has aged by years in the last week. He is barely in the 5% across the board and he feels gigantic compared to Bodhi!

And Bourne will start potty training next week, but the lady that keeps him during the day will do most of it.

mommy220 June 18th, 2013 11:57 AM

Good luck!

I was spoiled and my daughter practically potty trained herself.

crawmommy June 18th, 2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleykathleen (Post 27457033)

Please wish me luck! He has already peed on my leather couch twice!

Easy clean up!!

overlinmommy17 June 18th, 2013 11:22 PM

Good luck girl!!! I don't know if I could do it!!!!

SassySami June 19th, 2013 04:10 AM

good luck.. :) with Nolan we just let him run naked, he is good about going potty. but he is not potty trained yet.

ashleykathleen June 19th, 2013 08:55 AM

Well yesterday went pretty good. I just let him run around naked all day. We had a couple accidents but he was starting to get the hang of it. However, for some reason, this morning he flipped out and started screaming and crying after he woke and I asked him if he was ready to go on the potty. He completely freaked out and didn't want me to take his diaper or his clothes off. So I guess we will try again tomorrow. I'm not going to push the issue. I know my son all too well...if I push it and he doesn't want to, it will be a disastrous day for all of us.

hilachu June 19th, 2013 11:12 AM

i give you credit for potty training with a newborn
i tried once with my two year old and it was disastrous
we waited about a month and tried again and he was good to go from there on out
not set backs yet

QueenCrafty June 19th, 2013 01:52 PM

Good luck!! I hope he gets the hang of it quickly. I PT Lily when Abri was about a month old. Like you, I knew not to push it or else it would backfire.