JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Appointment Update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2659654-appointment-update.html)

Hopeful2BMommy June 18th, 2013 01:27 PM

Appointment Update

On Friday, I posted about how my bp was rising and my doc wanted to schedule induction for today. It's still been up, but not crazy high, so he said we could wait until Friday morning. He'll start with Cervidil to ripen my cervix and then start pitocin after that does its job. He checked my cervix and I'm closed up tight. He would have done a membrane sweep if I had been dilated any.

:rolleyes:

Steph625 June 18th, 2013 01:31 PM

Re: Appointment Update

At least he gets to cook for a few more days. How do you feel about the induction? I was induced. Actually had to be induced with both my kids. And both went great. Are you excited to know you will see Eli soon? How are you feeling?

Hopeful2BMommy June 18th, 2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph625 (Post 27458108)
At least he gets to cook for a few more days. How do you feel about the induction? I was induced. Actually had to be induced with both my kids. And both went great. Are you excited to know you will see Eli soon? How are you feeling?

I'm okay with it. I feel a lot better that he'll let me go to 40 weeks. Even though it would have just been a couple days early, I just didn't feel right about it for some reason. :rolleyes: I wish he would come on his own before Friday, but I'm not expecting it at all. He said the Cervidil could take days to work (worst case scenario), which freaks me out a little. Definitely excited to meet him. I feel good. I still don't really have any complaints. :)

Steph625 June 18th, 2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy (Post 27458124)
I'm okay with it. I feel a lot better that he'll let me go to 40 weeks. Even though it would have just been a couple days early, I just didn't feel right about it for some reason. :rolleyes: I wish he would come on his own before Friday, but I'm not expecting it at all. He said the Cervidil could take days to work (worst case scenario), which freaks me out a little. Definitely excited to meet him. I feel good. I still don't really have any complaints. :)

I'm glad you're still feeling good!! I was induced with the foley bulb then pitocin. WOWZERS! It was uncomfortable! I'll be praying for you!

TeresaV June 18th, 2013 01:54 PM

Yeah, the Foley bulb was a traumatic experience for me. Cervidil was one of the few induction methods they didn't use on me. Good luck to you. I hope all goes well.

navywifey2003 June 18th, 2013 02:01 PM

I hope it goes well Hun!

mommyandwife08 June 18th, 2013 02:24 PM

I hope it goes well!

4hearts June 18th, 2013 02:28 PM

GL with everything! :)

Kim3 June 18th, 2013 03:33 PM

GL - hopefully he comes within the next 2 days.

hilachu June 18th, 2013 03:52 PM

good luck!!

MissyBee June 18th, 2013 04:22 PM

I'll most likely be having the cervidil too. I get checked again on Friday & if I haven't dilated anymore (I've been at 1 for 3 weeks) then I'll go in Monday night & have that and then be induced on Tuesday. If I am more dilated, then I think just the induction on Tuesday. I hope it goes well for you & I'll be looking forward to hopefully hearing about your experience since you will be going through it before me and it sounds like we are in pretty similar situations! Good luck!!

bribugg13 June 18th, 2013 05:33 PM

Good luck!

QueenCrafty June 18th, 2013 06:14 PM

I hope it goes well!