JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Double dipping (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2659702-double-dipping.html)

Krisnina June 18th, 2013 05:27 PM

Double dipping

Hi ladies, I have commented in here a few times, but have been part of July ddc, since my due date was July 4th. anyway, my Little boy Parker Jude came on June 5th, at 11:45 pm, weighing 4lbs, 12 oz. I had an emergency csection, since I was having preeclampsia and Hellp complications. I figured I would join here too since I'm a FTM and most July moms haven't had their babies yet.

I'm still not really sleeping, parker is so small I don't trust him in anything, but my arms. He is also so squirmy he can get out of any swaddle, which freaks me out. We have a co sleeper, but I usually just hold him. I was reading about cosleeping safety, and no I'm freaked to be holding him in my arms.

MrsLat June 18th, 2013 07:25 PM

Re: Double dipping

Welcome and congrats on your little boy :) My son sleeps in the crook of my arm most nights. It is just easier for nursing.

navywifey2003 June 18th, 2013 07:35 PM

Welcome and congrats! Payson sleeps in my arms most nights as well! We are happy to have you!

MamaSkunk June 18th, 2013 07:44 PM

Welcome and congrats! There is nothing wrong with cosleeping in my opinion. My DD coslept and so will this lil guy when he comes.

Krisnina June 18th, 2013 08:11 PM

What about side sleeping? If I put him down in the cosleeper in our bed, he rolls over to the side..then aquirms his way to get as close to me as possible...which meanWhat about side sleeping? If I put him down in the cosleeper in our bed, he rolls over to the side..then aquirms his way to get as close to me as possible...which means his gace is right up to the netting.

MerinSun June 19th, 2013 02:46 AM

Any position that baby gets into on their own (as long as nothing is blocking their airway like blankets or a solid bumper) is fine. Is the mesh breathable?

Kim3 June 19th, 2013 05:33 AM

Welcome. I will admit that there are portions of the night my little girl spends in my arms. I curl up in an oversized chair with her on a boppy.

MerinSun June 19th, 2013 06:37 AM

Lol, that's how I slept with Alex in the beginning! With Rory he sleeps on my chest in bed. I'm halfway sitting up to help him with reflux.

zkat June 19th, 2013 07:27 AM

Bodhi sleeps part of the night on my chest or the crook of my arm if he is having problems with delux.

Welcome to our DDC and congratulations on your little one.

ashleykathleen June 19th, 2013 05:53 PM

Congrats and welcome! Join right in!

Lately, a large portion of my night is spent with McKinley in the crook of my arm. We both sleep better that way and its just easier for nursing. My DD spent the first 3 months of her life sleeping the same way with me and DS spent probably close to a year sleeping like that lol.

4hearts June 19th, 2013 05:57 PM

:welcome: and :congrats: