JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Random thoughts... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2659759-random-thoughts.html)

navywifey2003 June 19th, 2013 12:47 AM

Random thoughts...

Post your random thoughts here. :)

mommyandwife08 June 19th, 2013 03:32 AM

Re: Random thoughts...

Today is my due date...and I am still pregnant. I think I am okay with that. I am going to enjoy this last week or so of being pregnant because I know more than likely it will be the last week or so that I am ever pregnant.
I am frustrated that my body doesn't seem to ever want to go into labor on its own but there are worse problems than baby not wanting to come out. And who knows...my body could still surprise me. I mean I am JUST at my due date that isn't that big of a deal.

zombiemommy June 19th, 2013 06:10 AM

I read about microwaves the other day... about how they work to heat things up is by basically making it move really fast on a molecular level, which actually changes the food on a molecular level to the point where your body doesn't recognize what its digesting not only in terms of any kind of vitamins and nutrients, which are destroyed, but the entire molecular makeup of the food is unrecognizable.
I haven't used the microwave since...

Kim3 June 19th, 2013 06:30 AM

While I get exhausted with night feedings, there is a part of me that loves the fact that my baby girl is closer to me than anyone else in this world. My boys are 8 and 10. their independence is great. It is wonderful to be needed though.

SassySami June 19th, 2013 06:31 AM

enough said

mommyandwife08 June 19th, 2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombiemommy (Post 27459555)
I read about microwaves the other day... about how they work to heat things up is by basically making it move really fast on a molecular level, which actually changes the food on a molecular level to the point where your body doesn't recognize what its digesting not only in terms of any kind of vitamins and nutrients, which are destroyed, but the entire molecular makeup of the food is unrecognizable.

We haven't used a microwave in about 2-3 years. Everyone always thinks we are strange when they come over here and we don't have one. :rolleyes:

MerinSun June 19th, 2013 07:43 AM

Babies are born knowing that they can move their bodies by tossing their heads around and using it as an anchor, lol.

4hearts June 19th, 2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombiemommy (Post 27459555)

YUP! We haven't owned or used one in over 10 yrs. People think we're crazy for it but I don't have to wonder what we're actually eating, LOL. Plus it's easier to not eat processed things when you don't use the microwave.

KellBell2621 June 19th, 2013 10:32 AM

i am obsessed with the song 'just give me a reason' by Pink...and i love the video too. her and her husband are so cute together.

definitely random lol

overlinmommy17 June 19th, 2013 10:34 AM

I feel like a breastfeeding failure. ...and I'm echausted....and crying today ....and I feel lonely:-(

Exhuasted*****

Joanne Nicole June 19th, 2013 10:39 AM

Ditto on the microwave stuff... We had one that we didn't use very often, but we noticed that every time we used it, the wireless Internet would cut out. We did some research and found out that it was caused by a defective shield - so basically every time we used it, we were flooding ourselves with radiation. Fun stuff. So we got rid of it! Don't miss it at all. It's definitely easier to avoid processed foods without a microwave.

My random thoughts... This morning when I was feeding Finn at 4 am, I named all of the little woodland creatures in his stuffed animal basket. There's Delilah and Pip - mama and baby foxes, Copernicus Owl, Henrietta Hedgehog, Sam Squirrel, and Nutmeg and Posy - mama and baby bunnies.

navywifey2003 June 19th, 2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 (Post 27460332)
I feel like a breastfeeding failure. ...and I'm echausted....and crying today ....and I feel lonely:-(

Exhuasted*****

You are not a failure! Why do you feel like a failure?

We need a new computer chair so badly!

overlinmommy17 June 19th, 2013 11:11 AM

Madeleine is not gaining weight. I am breastfeeding her constantly she sucks for only: a few minutes and then falls asleep. when she does actively suck and swallow she gets choked and pulls off. we go through this same vicious cycle all day long, so all I have managed to do for the past 2 days is sit and attempt to feed her. I am exhausted and breaking down into tears. I don't know why breastfeeding is always so hard for me. we go tomorrow for another way to check and if her weight is not climbing I don't know what is next for us.

bribugg13 June 19th, 2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellydiane521 (Post 27460323)
i am obsessed with the song 'just give me a reason' by Pink...and i love the video too. her and her husband are so cute together.

definitely random lol

ME TOO!! I love, love that song! I was hearing it on the radio like every 5th song (which is awesome when it's a new song you love, but not so awesome for songs that you don't like or are tired of hearing ha ha) but haven't heard it in awhile!!! I haven't seen the video for it yet. I also love Nate Ruess' (Fun) voice, which makes the song that much more awesome!

navywifey2003 June 19th, 2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 (Post 27460438)
Madeleine is not gaining weight. I am breastfeeding her constantly she sucks for only: a few minutes and then falls asleep. when she does actively suck and swallow she gets choked and pulls off. we go through this same vicious cycle all day long, so all I have managed to do for the past 2 days is sit and attempt to feed her. I am exhausted and breaking down into tears. I don't know why breastfeeding is always so hard for me. we go tomorrow for another way to check and if her weight is not climbing I don't know what is next for us.

What was her coming home weight? And how much has she gained from her coming home weight?
Have you tried block feeding?

overlinmommy17 June 19th, 2013 11:26 AM

Coming home weight was 8lb 13....she was exactly the same 2 days ago. What is block feeding??

navywifey2003 June 19th, 2013 11:30 AM

I wouldnt be worried that she was the same 2 days ago. EBF babies take a little longer to put on the weight usually and since she was heavier to begin with it may take her a little longer. And she could have lost more without you knowing it and is now gaining.

Block feeding is where you feed her from one breast for several feeds and then switch. Since you said she is gagging its likely you have an overactive letdown. Which in turn she may not be able to get to the fatty hind milk before she is full or too tired to eat anymore. Feeding her on one side for a few feeds and then switching will help her get to that fatty milk.

How is her urine output and her poop what does it look like? Is it green or yellow and seedy? If its green its even more likely she is getting to much foremilk.

overlinmommy17 June 19th, 2013 12:10 PM

Her poops are very yellow and seedy....and she poops all day long! What do I do about an overactive letdown?

navywifey2003 June 19th, 2013 12:14 PM

Over active let down should get better over time. It may help to hand express first before bringing her to the breast. It honestly sounds like she is eating great. If she wasn't her poop wouldn't be perfect bf baby poop and her urine output wouldn't be good. You are doing great Hun!

Here ya go Hun this has tons of information and it sounds just like what she is doing.

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supp.../fast-letdown/

overlinmommy17 June 19th, 2013 12:18 PM

Thank you so much. ..I have been feeling quite depressed and talking about it has helped a lo