JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Moms who BF AND pump (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2661873-moms-who-bf-and-pump.html)

MarylandMama June 27th, 2013 11:51 AM

Moms who BF AND pump

I was wondering how much milk you are able to stash away on top of nursing. I am getting about 10 oz a day on average that I can store, but I feel like I was able to store a lot more than that on top of what Anna drank when I was EPing with her. Right now, Lena gets pretty much all of her milk nursing. We only give an oz or so in a bottle if she seems to be stuck in a weird pattern of wanting to eat constantly. We top her off to give me a break and she usually sleeps for a while after that. We only do that maybe once a day, so pretty much all of what I pump is stored for when we can leave her with my mom for a couple of hours or for when I go back to work.

Just wondering what everyone else is getting. I wish I could store an extra 5 oz or so a day. What are you all getting?

MerinSun June 27th, 2013 11:59 AM

Re: Moms who BF AND pump

I was never able to pump so much with Alex. It took me a week to pump 18 oz. That's 6 oz every 3 hours for the one day he was in daycare. When DH watched him during the rest of the week we used formula.

beatlechicksteph June 27th, 2013 12:21 PM

I'm inconsistant on my pumping and I use a manual pump, but when I do pump, I get an ounce. That's it. An ounce. And that's from the side he doesn't eat on. Because of that, I only pump enough for a bottle for when I want DH to do a feeding. I haven't stored any away, at all.

Mom2LillieAidan June 27th, 2013 12:43 PM

I can usually get at least 2 oz, usually 3 or 4, from each side, even after feeding him. But I don't pump every day.

MarylandMama June 27th, 2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2LillieAidan (Post 27481831)
I can usually get at least 2 oz, usually 3 or 4, from each side, even after feeding him. But I don't pump every day.

I am so jealous. What pump do you use?

Krisnina June 27th, 2013 03:23 PM

im pumping after feedings when they arent marathon feedings. I am only getting like 20ml tops. if I collect.all day, then I have enogh for.a bottle...thats it.

Mom2LillieAidan June 27th, 2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandMama (Post 27482171)
I am so jealous. What pump do you use?

Believe it or not, I use a medela single manual pump.. I love it

Kim3 June 27th, 2013 05:43 PM

I get an extra 2-3 ounces per day. This morning I pumped 6 ounces and she took 3 of it in a bottle. I need about 24 ounces stored for when i return to work in 10 days.

TeresaV June 27th, 2013 06:46 PM

I haven't been pumping much, but I've been trying to pump at least once a day. If she hasn't eaten recently I can get 3 or 4 ounces on each side, otherwise it's closer to 3 or 4 ounces total. I only have about 10 ounces in the freezer now. We just started doing a bottle a day or so just to get her used to a bottle for when I go back to work. It took her 2 days to actually take it.

crawmommy June 27th, 2013 08:03 PM

I'm not pumping after every feeding like I was told to do to h elp prevent clogged ducts but when i do I get 2.5-4.5oz usually after a feeding. But they have been eating so much that I just don't have the energy each feeding but I try to pump itleaet one time per day on top of normal feedings. I will introduce bottles next week a bit

sunnydaze June 28th, 2013 03:53 AM

I think I am over producing and pumping probably doesn't help. I only pump after shes had her fill and looks "milk drunk" if I am still feeling engorged and uncomfortable.

I can get about 4oz, even after shes fed to fullness. I've just been freezing it as I get it. I needed to go to the ER yesterday evening (about the allergic reaction I had to Always Pads) and left Lilah with my mom and she was able to use some of it then.