JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   My boobs always feel heavy and full (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2661929-my-boobs-always-feel-heavy-and-full.html)

bobbiejo1982 June 27th, 2013 05:22 PM

My boobs always feel heavy and full

Even after I pump for 15 or 20 minutes my boobs always feel heavy. They never feel like they empty.

Karen78 June 27th, 2013 06:39 PM

Re: My boobs always feel heavy and full

How many ounces are you able to pump out of each side?

bobbiejo1982 June 27th, 2013 08:57 PM

oh probably around 2 sometimes more sometimes less

maybe more like 1 1/2

phantomsgrl11 June 27th, 2013 10:18 PM

Do you feel the let down? With a 15-20 minute pumping session I normally feel two let downs like a big rush of milk and I notice the few minutes after that is when my bottles really start to fill.

I also know that unless I am completely calm ie no crying baby, no stressful distractions (ie yelling at my toddler) I will get hardly any milk. But if I am able to be calm - the milk just flows.

TeresaV June 28th, 2013 08:12 AM

Maybe try massaging them while you are feeding or pumping. That helps me get more out.

MarylandMama June 28th, 2013 10:01 AM

Mine also feel heavy all the time, but after feeding or pumping, they don't feel hard like they do when they're full. They may feel heavy just bc they're so much bigger. I am normally a 34B and now I am a 36D. Did your boobs get a lot bigger? Just a theory, but I think that's why mine feel heavy all the time.

QueenCrafty June 28th, 2013 10:04 AM

And remember that your boobs are never actually empty. They will always produce if they are being stimulated by a baby or pump.

MerinSun June 28th, 2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 (Post 27482808)
Do you feel the let down? With a 15-20 minute pumping session I normally feel two let downs like a big rush of milk and I notice the few minutes after that is when my bottles really start to fill.

I also know that unless I am completely calm ie no crying baby, no stressful distractions (ie yelling at my toddler) I will get hardly any milk. But if I am able to be calm - the milk just flows.

A few times i fell asleep while pumping and when DH woke me up I was shocked to see that I had 6 ounces. I get record lows when I'm trying to calm down an upset toddler, pump, and feed a hungry baby at the same time. Stress/calmness definitely affect how much you pump.

When I pumped for Alex a year or so ago breast compressions/massages never worked for me, but now they do. Try to use your thumbs and massage in a circular motion and move on down towards your nipples. When you feel a bump/lump just stay there and push on it a bit. After a bit it will "deflate".