JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   is everyone waiting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2661930-everyone-waiting.html)

bobbiejo1982 June 27th, 2013 05:24 PM

is everyone waiting

Is everyone waiting the full 6 weeks before having sex? Im getting impaitent. I'm just over 3 weeks out and had a c section.

beatlechicksteph June 27th, 2013 05:51 PM

Re: is everyone waiting

I'm 5 weeks post-partum, just got the okay from my OB/GYN to go ahead and resume normal activity, and I have NO desire to even dtd. I had a vaginal birth with 4th degree tearing, and I'm TERRIFIED to dtd. DH has no desire to either, he's terrified of ripping me open. So we're waiting, until when, who knows. Plus, we don't have condoms here, and that's the birth control we're using. And this is coming from 2 people who haven't dtd since we conceived the baby back in September...

ashleykathleen June 27th, 2013 06:02 PM

I didn't. I had a very easy vaginal birth with no tearing. We waited 2 weeks 6 days. It was a bit uncomfortable at first but it was find after that. I say if ya feel up to trying, go for it!

TeresaV June 27th, 2013 07:54 PM

At 4 weeks 1 day PP, I have zero interest in DTD. My poor DH is going crazy, but I tore pretty bad and I can't seem to get rid of these hemorrhoids. I still feel like a train wreck down there.

Joanne Nicole June 27th, 2013 07:55 PM

I got the go-ahead from my midwife on day 8...and we DTD that night. I had a normal vaginal birth with no tearing, and it wasn't even uncomfortable for me...but use your best judgement. Start slow and use lube. You can always ramp it up and get a bit more rambunctious if it feels good :) We've done it 6 times in the last 9 days...hooray for getting my sex life back! It was non-existent for the last 6 months or so!

crawmommy June 27th, 2013 08:55 PM

I will be waiting for some time...my hooha ia tore up from the floor up!!

MrsLat June 27th, 2013 10:58 PM

I had a c-section. I am waiting the full 6 weeks. You can try it, just be careful and go slow and don't push it if its too uncomfortable. You can be healed on the outside, but not yet healed on the inside. I have tried earlier after my other children and it always hurt too much. But I know a lot of women with c-sections don't wait the whole 6 weeks.

navywifey2003 June 28th, 2013 12:16 AM

We waited about 2 weeks. I had a normal vaginal delivery though with minimal tearing.

Kim3 June 28th, 2013 06:03 AM

Can you say waiting 6 months. :p Probably not - but will be close to 3 months in reality. I am just saying, 3 kids and 2 people working full time jobs! If my gets to hit the pillow, I better be left to sleep.

sunnydaze June 28th, 2013 07:12 AM

This subject makes me weepy (or maybe it is the baby blues). My husband couldn't even keep an erection for the last 20 weeks of my pregnancy because he didn't like the idea of his penis being so close to his baby. The few times we did try, it was very painful and uncomfortable for me anyways so I just kind of let it go.

I did have a c-section, but for some reason, my lady bits are sore (probably from the pads) and really tight and still a little swollen.

Last night, we spoon-cuddled in bed and his body was showing interest in mine and he said

"I can't wait til you finish healing. I'm going to give you the best 37 seconds of your life!"

I laughed cause it was funny and I really do miss the intimacy, but I'm also really afraid it is going to be awkward and painful or he will lose his erection (and crush my self esteem) or something.

He is getting snipped on monday, so I know I have at least another week before I need to worry about it.

TeresaV June 28th, 2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim3 (Post 27483084)
If my gets to hit the pillow, I better be left to sleep.

Hahaha this is me! Last night I went up to bed and DH was awake asking for, um, some help with his frustration over lack of sex. I just kind of laughed and said "are you kidding me? Now?" Then I fell asleep...probably BEFORE my head hit the pillow.

MarylandMama June 28th, 2013 08:28 AM

I did after I had Anna bc I had some really painful tearing. I wanted to make sure it was healed completely. I didn't want to make it bad for either one of us by having to stop bc of pain. I had no tearing this time and I feel like I could probably DTD now, but neither one of us is comfortable with it with Lena in the room. She will probably be sleeping in our room for a few more weeks until she is doing better at night. With Anna, we moved her to her crib i her own room at 5 weeks for a smooth transition to make sure she was happy in there before we tried so we wouldn't be interrupted. We will try the same this time, I think.

Gen88 June 28th, 2013 08:51 AM

With DS we waited only four weeks, I did have an episiotomy with him and the first time we did it it wasn't that uncomfortable and actually felt good. This time with Ariana I had a second degree tear and I felt uncomfortable down there way longer than I did with my episiotomy. I have my Drs visit next week Wednesday, I'll wait till the Dr gives me the ok, then I'll try it :) Plus I really wanna get my IUD put in first before having sex again because I don't trust condoms and I'm terrified of getting pregnant again lol

QueenCrafty June 28th, 2013 10:12 AM

I'm waiting, but that's because I usually bleed for that long anyway. DH is hoping I get the okay in time for his birthday at the beginning of August.

MamaSkunk June 28th, 2013 01:11 PM

I am positive we won't wait the whole 6 weeks. I had no tearing and he just pretty much slid out. My hooha surprisingly doesn't even hurt. Now my tailbone does hurt like heck but that's it.

MerinSun June 28th, 2013 05:30 PM

Yeeeeaaaah...we already DTD and I have yet to see my midwife. I had a tiny first degree tear and it hasn't given me any trouble. It felt great. We haven't done it again, although I really want to. I just would feel better about being on actual birth control instead of using a condom. I went in a week or so ago to move up my appointment with my midwife so that I could get approved for the Nexplanon implant...and already made my appointment to get it placed just in case I do get approved for it, lol.

Hopeful2BMommy June 28th, 2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim3 (Post 27483084)
Can you say waiting 6 months. :p Probably not - but will be close to 3 months in reality. I am just saying, 3 kids and 2 people working full time jobs! If my gets to hit the pillow, I better be left to sleep.

I was getting ready to say it would probably be 6 months for me. :o

KellBell2621 June 28th, 2013 07:32 PM

i'll be waiting at least 6 weeks..i had a 2nd degree tear and i just want everything to be healed. with ds we waited 13 weeks and it was super painful. i feel much better this time around so hopefully we wont wait that long. plus i also want to be on the pill so i have to wait til after my 6 week pp appointment anyway.