JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Thinks you do with your infant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2662009-thinks-you-do-your-infant.html)

Kim3 June 28th, 2013 05:26 AM

Thinks you do with your infant

I know that this is my third - but I forget so much with my other two being lots older. What types of things are you all doing with your infants?

Ellianna seems to pretty much want to sleep, nurse, poop, burp and be held. We do stroller walks and I talk with her while I hold her. She does not like her playmat or her bouncey seat. She is no yet smiling (except when she passes gas) or cooing. I think this is pretty normal for an almost 3 week old. Just wondering some things your babies enjoy. My 8 year old tries to read her little books (but she is really too young - I just encourage my son to do so as it gives him a way to feel important).

hilachu June 28th, 2013 05:54 AM

Re: Thinks you do with your infant

yeah I'm with you, kind of at a loss of what to do with her
I'll talk to her and sing to her
playmat lasts for maybe a couple minutes tops same with the bouncy chair
she hates the swing, which sucks because DS loved it and it helped to get him to sleep on those long nights

sunnydaze June 28th, 2013 06:05 AM

When she is awake, we hang out. Or my mom will come visit (she lives 7 doors down) and coo at her for a while. If her dad is home from work, she is his princess and they hang out.

TeresaV June 28th, 2013 07:04 AM

Try to keep her from crying.

I have a seriously cranky baby. It gets frustrating because she hates her swing, playmat, and pretty much everything but being held, and even then sometimes there is no calming her down. I try to at least read a book to her every day. We do tummy time when she's not screaming. It's been really hot and rainy here, so we've gone to the mall a couple of times to walk. I'm getting really stir crazy so I need to get out of the house.

TeresaMomTo2Boys June 28th, 2013 07:58 AM

I talk and sing to him, let him visit with grandparents (since we live with in laws), I lay him on his tummy on the boppy in my lap and give him massages. Other than that we eat, sleep,put out diapers and do it all over again

navywifey2003 June 28th, 2013 08:06 AM

We just hang out :lol: Once she is about 2/3 months old I will be more inclined to entertain her.

ashleykathleen June 28th, 2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27483487)
We just hang out :lol: Once she is about 2/3 months old I will be more inclined to entertain her.

This exactly. I strap her to me and keep up with the other two.

QueenCrafty June 28th, 2013 09:46 AM

I nurse, change diapers, hold him, and catch an afternoon nap with him on my chest. That's about it for now. He hates the bouncy seat and swing at this point

rcjh12 June 28th, 2013 10:40 AM

We do a lot of this:
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...23b3cdf63d.jpg

MrsLat June 28th, 2013 11:58 AM

I am starting tummy time. I will put a toy or something that plays music for him to look at while he is doing it. When I am cleaning the house or trying to get things done, I lay him down on a blanket and play him some baby mozart or classical music. He likes that and stays nice and quiet listening to it :)

Other than that he just kind of hangs out and sleeps most the time.

Kim3 June 28th, 2013 04:31 PM

Thanks ladies. I felt bad for not stimulating her mind - but I think sleep and holding is pretty much where she is at for 3 weeks.

Mom2LillieAidan June 29th, 2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27483487)

This. DD comes and talks to him when he's awake but we mostly just cuddle a lot.

eshute June 29th, 2013 01:14 PM

I was worried about not engaging Anna enough. She was a month old yesterday, but she's not smiling (except in her sleep) yet. I'm pretty lucky to have a pretty happy baby. As long as she's fed, clean, and not gassy she's pretty happy to have some quiet time. Depending on the day, we get in some tummy time, she likes her swing and her bouncy chair (bouncy chair is only for about 15 minutes at a time, though). We've read to her and both her bouncy chair and swing have music. I sing to her sometimes. I've tried playing with her with the newborn toys, but she really has no interest. I feel like I have time to do this stuff because #1 I'm not working right now nor in the immediate future, and #2 This is my first and only child. The only other living things I have to worry about are 2 very independent cats and 1 extremely patient, sweet, quiet dog.