JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Facebook Group? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2662236-facebook-group.html)

phantomsgrl11 June 28th, 2013 08:46 PM

Facebook Group?

Do we have one?

navywifey2003 June 28th, 2013 10:09 PM

Re: Facebook Group?

Not that I know of.

MerinSun June 29th, 2013 01:34 AM

I'd be fine with one. We could even make it private so our friends/relatives don't see what others post or what you post. It'd make it easier to share photos :-)

phantomsgrl11 June 29th, 2013 06:58 AM

That's what I was thinking too for photos - I hate uploading to photobucket. Just give me a heads up if one ever gets organized. ;) Whoever has a bunch of people on facebook already can create it? PM their name and I will add them to my facebook. I know some of the girls have talked about facebook already...

Mom2LillieAidan June 29th, 2013 07:06 AM

I'm open to creating one.. Is anyone opposed?

navywifey2003 June 29th, 2013 07:16 AM

FB groups kill the board. I'm not opposed per say but usually once a group is created everyone stops using JM and only use FB. I do know we have a few people who don't use FB, and I would hate for them to be left out.

Mom2LillieAidan June 29th, 2013 07:51 AM

You have a good point.. Also posts seem to get lost pretty easy on fb groups.. Though posting pics on here is a pain...

QueenCrafty June 29th, 2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27485597)
FB groups kill the board. I'm not opposed per say but usually once a group is created everyone stops using JM and only use FB. I do know we have a few people who don't use FB, and I would hate for them to be left out.

I agree. One of my PRs moved entirely to FB. I have been on JM for 6 years now and I prefer it to FB.

sunnydaze June 29th, 2013 08:28 AM

if you right click your picture that you have loaded onto fb already and "copy image url" you can just use that url instead of going through the hassle of using photobucket.

TeresaV June 29th, 2013 09:44 AM

My only problem with this site is it sucks royally on mobile.

hilachu June 29th, 2013 10:06 AM

im fine with it BUT as other JM ladies posted it will kill this group
i think we waited until our kids were about a year before we moved everything to facebook
at this point they combined our ddc into two months and we just went two months without a post

Joanne Nicole June 30th, 2013 07:03 AM

I don't bother with photobucket either - I just copy the url from my facebook photos, it's a lot easier. But as mentioned, can't do it from my phone. Not a huge deal for me though.

I'm not opposed to using facebook, but I really love the group we've got going here, and I'd be afraid that it would change the dynamic if we stopped using JM.

loveneverfails June 30th, 2013 08:01 AM

I might be one of the few that would really like a fb group. I have a really hard time logging on here on my phone and some days I don't even get the chance to open my computer and if I do I almost never have time to respond :(

crawmommy June 30th, 2013 08:16 AM

I would be fine with either but if we do go to fbook it needs to be a private group..one if those that you can't even search for