JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   DTD questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2663264-dtd-questions.html)

MarylandMama July 3rd, 2013 09:09 AM

DTD questions

I am 18 days PP. My midwife clearly gave me the 6 weeks before having sex talk. We waited 6 weeks after Anna was born, but I don't know if we can make it this time. I had tearing last time around, but none this time. DH is already driving me crazy to get this show on the road. Right now isn't an option bc the bleeding hasn't stopped yet, but if it stops this week, I'd like to end the drought on Sunday for our anniversary. I will be 3 weeks plus one day PP then. I just have a few questions for people who have already DTD: How long did you wait? Did it hurt or was it uncomfortable? Did you have any tearing that wuld have made the pain worse than it otherwise would have been? Did DH mention things didn't quite feel he same? I am also worried things won't have quite bounced back yet and I don't want it to feel stretched out or gross for him.

Joanne Nicole July 3rd, 2013 09:45 AM

Re: DTD questions

We waited 8 days this time. I didn't have any tearing and the bleeding had already stopped by that point. It didn't feel painful or uncomfortable at all, it felt really really really good. He did mention that things felt a little different, but left it at that. For me, it felt the same as it felt pre-baby...so I don't think it's like a huge gaping hole down there...lol.

After DD was born we waited about 2 weeks, because I had a very minor tear. The first few times it was slightly uncomfortable (going slow and using lube were musts) but not painful.

Everyone is different though. Listen to your body. If your body says "stop" then do so, and don't let your DH make you feel bad about it. You have to be ready physically as well as mentally and emotionally.

ashleykathleen July 3rd, 2013 11:13 AM

We DTD at 2 weeks 6 days postpartum. I didn't have any tearing and the bleeding had stopped by that point. It was slightly uncomfortable at first but it was nothing a little foreplay and lube couldn't fix ;)

Honestly, it felt really good after the first minute or two. DF specifically told me during and after how good it felt. I left it at that and didn't ever ask if things felt different. I'm assuming things are tightened up enough for it to feel good so I don't want to know anything else...it would depress me to know just how jacked up my hooha is now lol.

eshute July 3rd, 2013 12:57 PM

Can I just say how jealous I am of the ladies that are back to DTD? I'm still having a little bleeding at 4+weeks PP even after a c-section and even if I wasn't, I couldn't think of having sex while I still have the small open areas in my c-section incision. I'm going crazy. I can NOT wait to get the all clear from my doc, but my appt isn't even til the 12th and I have to wait til the bleeding stops anyway. UGH.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a vent.

Rissa6213 July 3rd, 2013 04:55 PM

I waited 4 weeks. It hurt going in, took a little bit of finesse and lube.....but I gritted my teeth and said, well its gotta get broken in some time so this IS happening! After we kept going it got better! I also had a small tear though so thats probably why it was so uncomfortable. Plus my husband is only home for another week so we had to make it happen!

MerinSun July 3rd, 2013 07:15 PM

We already DTD and it felt fine, though we didn't go for long. Actual "in the business" was less than a minute because even though everything felt fine I panicked that we could do some damage. Poor DH, lol. I told my midwife and I got a lecture.

In my defense, ever since I got pregnant with Alex (DS1) my libido has been in the ground, dead and gone. I only got pregnant with Rory because I had the Mirena removed (made me too exhausted) and DH and I got a bit too loopy with drinking and failed to use the condom that was sitting right there, lol. So, suddenly feeling like I'm in the mood ALL THE TIME has been wonderful. But incredibly frustrating. We haven't DTD since that first time and because she told me that I'm not cleared we have to refrain until I get on new birth control at the end of July. I'm terribly worried that I'll get on the new birth control and then my libido will just die again :(

Mom2LillieAidan July 3rd, 2013 08:27 PM

We dtd for the first time on Monday and it wasn't amazing but it wasn't awful either. It was pretty uncomfortable but I had a pretty decent tear. I saw my doctor Friday and she said to wait another week (fri was 4 weeks pp) because she wanted my stitch to fall out but it fell out Monday, so we went for it. We dtd again today and it was a little better.

navywifey2003 July 4th, 2013 05:15 AM

We have been dtd since 2 weeks pp. it hasn't been uncomfortable or that great as we keep getting interrupted lol. And my libido isn't quite back yet. I had a small tear but nothing too major.