JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   BF poo (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2663764-bf-poo.html)

MamaSkunk July 5th, 2013 01:35 PM

BF poo

OK so DS is getting ALOT more breast milk than DD was at this point and he does have the typical BM poo that's yellow and seedy but he seems to poo a lot some days almost every diaper has a little poo in it...other days it may only be one or two. For those of you that breast feed or those that EP with no supplementing...how often does your baby poop?

Joanne Nicole July 5th, 2013 01:42 PM

Re: BF poo

I breastfeed only, no supplementing, and Finn does the same thing. His poops are wet, yellow, seedy. Yesterday he only had two poops, today he's pooped his way through 5 outfits already because there's just so much of it. I think it's normal for newborn breastfed babies to even go a day or two without pooping...it's if they go longer than 3-4 days and are acting like they're constipated that it becomes a problem.

QueenCrafty July 5th, 2013 01:56 PM

Henry poops constantly. It's also the yellow seedy poo. Abri used to poop once or twice a day. It can really vary with a breastfed baby

Mom2LillieAidan July 5th, 2013 01:57 PM

Aidan has his heavy poop days and his barely pops at all days.. It's normal.

Kim3 July 5th, 2013 02:50 PM

8+ some days and 4 times other days

zkat July 5th, 2013 02:56 PM

It seems non-stop some days! 8-10 x can be normal.

MerinSun July 5th, 2013 02:57 PM

Rory poos a lot. Alex would sometimes go days between poos. He went 7-8 days once.

MamaSkunk July 5th, 2013 03:34 PM

OK glad it sounds normal lol cause I was beginning to think he pooped too much lol

navywifey2003 July 5th, 2013 03:47 PM

Perfectly normal. :)

sunnydaze July 6th, 2013 06:06 AM

I think Lilah poops like every 3 hours. The volume varies however.

TeresaV July 6th, 2013 06:15 AM

Same here! DD is very gassy, and I think a little poo comes out with her gas sometimes. She has at least one "full" poopy diaper a day. When she was younger it was more like 4 or 5, but she isn't cluster feeding like she was. Sounds normal to me. Doctor said her output was normal.

MissyBee July 6th, 2013 07:59 AM

Porter is a pooping machine. I swear all he does is poop! When we went to the pediatrician the other day he pooped 3 times while we were there. It doesn't really smell, so unless I hear it (which is usually the case), I don't know he did it and he doesn't seem to care, but I would say there is some amount of poop in there every time I change him.

ashleykathleen July 6th, 2013 11:47 AM

I agree with everyone else. Sounds normal to me. McKinley poops a lot some days and none at all other days. Right now she is on day 2 of no pooping so I'm fearing a blowout when she finally does :(

loveneverfails July 6th, 2013 12:28 PM

Nolan has been EBF and he poos almost every feed.