JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Something got me more sleep! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2663867-something-got-me-more-sleep.html)

MarylandMama July 6th, 2013 07:32 AM

Something got me more sleep!

I wanted to share bc I found a miracle product that more than doubled the sleep I can get. I was looking around on the website for my local baby boutique and there is a list of Top 10 Must Have items. The first one was the Nested Bean Zen Swaddle, which I had never heard of. It has a small pouch of beans that put slight weight on the chest and the sides are filled with beans. It is supposed to simulate touch/being held. With Lena being up 4-5 times a night, I was willing to try anything. The store had it for $30, Amazon had it for $40, so I sent DH to the store to pick it up. From the first night, Lena has only been up once a night. We have gotten up to 5 hours of sleep straight. AMAZING! I definitely think it is worth a shot. We were using a Swaddle Me before that and it did nothing, which is a shame bc we already had 3. But really glad we bought this.

TeresaMomTo2Boys July 6th, 2013 07:41 AM

Re: Something got me more sleep!

You could probably do that with socks and a glove....saw something diy like that on pinterest. I will probably need something like that when we sleep train Trey as he's Co-sleeping with us right now

eshute July 6th, 2013 01:29 PM

Ooo! I'm going to look this up right now, or at least try to find a DIY version if I can't find one in store near me. Anna isn't a terrible sleeper, but we definitely have trouble when we lay her down in her bassinet. She sleeps great in our arms or when I lay her on the boppy (yes, I know, it says not to let baby sleep on the boppy, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do and it's only for her short naps in the day time) so I know she loves the feeling of being held (like every other baby on the planet). Thanks for the tip!

MarylandMama July 6th, 2013 02:45 PM

If you can't find it in a store near you, the website for the store where I got it is chapmanhillbaby.com. It is $10 cheaper than Amazon.

Kim3 July 6th, 2013 06:23 PM

We may have to try. The longest Elli was in her crib last night was 15 minutes. She is either on my or screaming (and I do not mean cry, I mean scream).

Gen88 July 7th, 2013 09:03 AM

Ooohhh I wanna try this. Although Ariana has slept in her crib for 4 1/2 hours straight a couple times, I want her to do it more and be consistent. Thank you for the suggestion :)