JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Selling my maternity clothes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2666711-selling-my-maternity-clothes.html)

navywifey2003 July 19th, 2013 11:01 AM

Selling my maternity clothes

I am posting my maternity clothes for sale today. Such a bitter sweet thing.

Anyone else selling their clothes?

Madison.Hailey.Zack July 19th, 2013 11:05 AM

Re: Selling my maternity clothes

Most of my stuff can pass for non maternity so I plan to hang onto it for now.

rcjh12 July 19th, 2013 11:10 AM

Yep, I have already sold a few pieces. Most of it is from my previous pregnancies ... I only wore two or three actual maternity pieces this time around.

MarylandMama July 19th, 2013 11:19 AM

Not getting rid of anything until Lena is 3. I promised DH. He wants a third baby, I say no. We made a deal not to get rid of anything until she is 3 and I make a final decision. Basically, he gets 3 years to try to talk me into another. I will be lending my clothes to a friend who is currently TTC. And when I do finally get rid of them, I think I will be donating them to the local Crisis Pregnancy Center. They do such good things for women in this area. It is a wonderful ministry.

navywifey2003 July 19th, 2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madison.N.Hailey'sMom (Post 27529652)
Most of my stuff can pass for non maternity so I plan to hang onto it for now.

I'm keeping the tops that are like this :)

QueenCrafty July 19th, 2013 11:36 AM

I sold a bunch last summer, but that was stuff that was too big for me. I plan to keep my clothes I bought this time around just in case. I have a few items that would also pass for non maternity

bribugg13 July 19th, 2013 12:07 PM

I will be selling as soon as I get my regular clothes out of storage! At the moment, all I have to wear are my maternity clothes!! We are definitely done, as much as we were on the fence and I really wanted a third at one point. But I was firm that if I had a 2nd c/s I wouldn't be going through that again, and DH was never fully on board for a 3rd child anyway. If P had been a boy then a 3rd would have been talked about more seriously. Now that we have a boy and a girl, we're done. As soon as we are settled in our new home, I will start selling all of Connor's clothes as well! :( Sad!!

ashleykathleen July 19th, 2013 12:41 PM

I am! I am keeping a few tops that can pass for non-maternity but everything else must go. I'm finally back into my "fat jeans" and out of my maternity jeans and shorts (darn these widened hips!) so I'm ready to box it all up and get rid of it!

zkat July 19th, 2013 12:53 PM

I have about 4 garbage bags full of clothes. I am loaning them to one of my managers. Most of them have gone through 2 pregnancies with me, my co-worker and a couple people in between so if I don't get them back I am not worried about it. If she gives them back, I will probably sell as a big lot on Craigslist since most are too old to sell to Kid to Kid

Joanne Nicole July 19th, 2013 12:55 PM

We're done having babies, so I'm getting rid of my maternity clothes too. I keep meaning to take pictures and put them up on Craigslist, but I'm too lazy and/or busy so I'll probably just end up donating them.

loveneverfails July 19th, 2013 01:18 PM

Not sure. Most of what I bought towards the end wouldn't likely fit me if I were to have a singleton pregnancy. I'll keep some things just incase we ever do have another.

D&K's_mama July 19th, 2013 05:06 PM

We are having a yard sale next wkend and I have all my maternity clothes piled up and ready go! We are done having kids! 4 is enough for us!!

Kim3 July 19th, 2013 05:19 PM

Getting rid of them this fall at a local yard sale. We are done :p

TeresaV July 22nd, 2013 08:53 AM

I didn't have much of a maternity wardrobe, so I just dumped what I had in a donation shed last week.

Gen88 July 22nd, 2013 03:56 PM

I didn't buy much maternity clothes, only a pair of shorts, I still had some clothes from my pregnancy with DS. The rest of the clothes and dresses I did buy were not maternity and still fit. I already gave some maternity clothes to my good friend who is expecting a baby girl in November :)