JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Episiotomy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2666903-episiotomy.html)

Hopeful2BMommy July 20th, 2013 01:48 PM

Episiotomy

Should this be closed up nicely yet? 4 weeks pp
It still looks kind of open.
I can def see the incision and it looks a hot mess.

Kim3 July 20th, 2013 02:00 PM

Re: Episiotomy

Not sure. I know with my first it took quite a while.

edgeofelise July 20th, 2013 02:03 PM

I don't know, but I still have two small open areas along my c-section incision. I'm a super slow healer and there was more scar tissue on the side that isn't healed yet. I think it just varies person to person. As long as it's not showing signs of infection you're probably fine.

Hopeful2BMommy July 20th, 2013 02:07 PM

No infection. Just doesn't look pretty lol

Karen78 July 20th, 2013 02:21 PM

Both times, my stitches didn't dissolve completely until right at 6 weeks postpartum. Oh honey, it's never going to look "pretty" again. :/

navywifey2003 July 20th, 2013 02:30 PM

Ive never had one but I agree with Karen while it wont ever look the same my husband says it still feels the same. :lol:

jhmomofmany July 20th, 2013 03:27 PM

I think it depends not only on you as the individual but on the type and severity of the incision. I "needed" one for each of my four hospital births, usually felt fine by 4ish weeks but the 3rd was painful for 8 weeks or more. I really think the doctor was in a rush and did a sloppy job. And yeah, it may look like Bride of Frankenstein for a while yet, but it does get better!

Hopeful2BMommy July 20th, 2013 04:51 PM

It's still sensitive but not painful.
I don't mean my vagina isn't pretty. I would never have called it pretty to begin with lol
I just meant that the incision doesn't look nice. It hasn't closed together completely and I'm assuming it will eventually completely close up? Will it always look like it has been opened?

Karen78 July 20th, 2013 05:58 PM

I knew what you meant, silly. ;) No, it won't always look open. I just meant that your hooha won't ever look the same as it did before. No one told me that when I had my first! I was thinking "surely things will go back to where they used to be". No....no they won't. Haha

Hopeful2BMommy July 20th, 2013 06:50 PM

Ah, I'm not worried about it. Just don't want my hooha to split back open haha.

LisaS July 21st, 2013 11:46 AM

I never looked...I wasn't brave enough!

Gen88 July 21st, 2013 01:45 PM

I never looked after having DS and I'm not looking this time either, I wanna remember her how she used to be, not what she's become. I still cherish those pretty memories. :lol: :lol:

TeresaV July 22nd, 2013 08:46 AM

I didn't have an episiotomy but I tore. At my 6 week PP appointment it still hadn't healed completely, so the doc gave me a sample cream called Estrace to put on it to speed up the healing. She said it is normal especially with breastfeeding. The cream is estrogen, which BFing can deplete. It has helped, although tomorrow will be 8 weeks and I still can't imagine DTD.