JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   in disbelief. ..a good disbelief. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2667600-disbelief-good-disbelief.html)

overlinmommy17 July 24th, 2013 08:06 AM

in disbelief. ..a good disbelief.

I can't believe that Madeline will be 7 weeks old in a couple days and I am still breastfeeding - now exclusively. There were so many days that I almost gave up when I breastfed literally around the clock and she was still not gaining weight. The first few weeks were the hardest of my life. She cried constantly and I felt like a complete failure. Everyone was telling me to stop becuase it was wearing me down so much and I had several emotional melt downs. My mom was the only one who kept telling me that it would get better and to not get discouraged. She spent every day over at my house taking care of my kids while I breastfed and breastfed and breastfed - to the point of bleeding nipples.

Now my little baby is gaining weight every day! It took us over 5 weeks to reach birth weight but she has gained steadily since! 1/2 oz to an ounce a day! That's huge for us:) I have even been able to get 6 full bags of breastmilk stashed in the freezer....again not a lot compared to some but HUGE for me! I am not trying to brag or anything but after so much work and day after day of saying why can I not make enough milk for my baby I feel like I can help others who might be going through the same thing. :) I'm just feeling especially grateful today. Thank you to all of you in this group who gave me support. I could not have made it without you!!!!!

MamaSkunk July 24th, 2013 08:30 AM

Re: in disbelief. ..a good disbelief.

Yay!! Congrats!!

TeresaV July 24th, 2013 09:03 AM

What a fantastic feeling!

Mom2LillieAidan July 24th, 2013 09:06 AM

Congrats Hun! I know the awesomeness you feel. I struggled with BFing my first and ended up supplementing half the time and only bf to 10 weeks. As I approach 8 weeks of exclusive BFing with Aidan, I feel so proud of myself and I can't believe I'm only a couple weeks shy of surpassing the point I stopped with Lillie. It's an amazing feeling. Another amazing feeling is knowing that, though we are very broke right now, I don't have to worry about feeding Aidan because his food is free. :-)

QueenCrafty July 24th, 2013 09:35 AM

You have every right to brag! You worked extremely hard and should be proud. Great job!!

navywifey2003 July 24th, 2013 10:02 AM

I am so proud of you Hun and thrilled that has gotten better for you!

loveneverfails July 24th, 2013 02:33 PM

That's awesome! congrats!

wildchihuahua July 25th, 2013 11:25 AM

Woohoo! So proud of you!

Gen88 July 25th, 2013 12:52 PM

So happy everything is working out for you! I've been thru exactly what you've been thru and I'm so happy I made it this far exclusively breast feeding, I also have a small 8oz stash in the freezer lol. Ariana will be 2 months old in 2 days and I feel so accomplished! Trust me it definitely gets even better than what you're feeling now. My nipples are less painful she's eating normally around every 3 hours. We're doing great, the next grow spurt is around 3 months, we will be ready for that! Lol CONGRATULATIONS!!