JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Sorry I've been a bit MIA- update on us! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2667910-sorry-ive-been-bit-mia-update-us.html)

ashleykathleen July 25th, 2013 12:30 PM

Sorry I've been a bit MIA- update on us!

I have not been around as much the past few weeks (although I'm sure most of you haven't noticed lol). I was offered an incredible job opportunity working for the Texas Tech School of Medicine. I will not be starting until the first of September but I've been attending a few training courses on confidentiality, safety, etc (all the boring legal stuff the state requires in order to cover their butt). I will be the resident and 4th year medical student coordinator for the Neurology department and I'm super excited! The pay and benefits are fabulous AND they are paying for me to go back to school while I'm working :D. I don't start until September so my spare time has been spent hanging out with my kiddos and trying to enjoy the last few weeks we have together.

McKinley is getting so big and is still breast feeding like a champ. She is smiling all the time and she will be 2 months old in about a week and a half. I will try to make an effort to be around more but I've been a bit overwhelmed trying to get all this training done while still making time for fun stuff with my kiddos.

MamaSkunk July 25th, 2013 12:36 PM

Re: Sorry I've been a bit MIA- update on us!

Glad your OK! And i noticed you haven't been on!! Yay for a cool new job!

overlinmommy17 July 25th, 2013 01:06 PM

That's awesome!! Great for you! Will you be able to continue breastfeeding when you start?

QueenCrafty July 25th, 2013 02:05 PM

That sounds like a great job!

navywifey2003 July 25th, 2013 02:09 PM

Thats so awesome hun! Congrats! Check in when you can!

MarylandMama July 25th, 2013 02:25 PM

Congrats on the new job! That's fantastic!

ashleykathleen July 25th, 2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 (Post 27541841)
That's awesome!! Great for you! Will you be able to continue breastfeeding when you start?

Yes! Since it is a medical school, everyone is really big on breast feeding :). There is a "nursing mothers lounge" down the hall from my office that is specifically for women to pump in. It's full of comfy chairs and couches, little tables to sit your pump on, a fridge, and lockers to keep your pump in so you don't have to drag it back and forth all day. The doctor that hired me actually said he finds it appalling how anti-breast feeding so many businesses are in America (he is from Spain). He said he would have no problem with me taking as many breaks as I need to pump throughout the day.

MamaSkunk July 25th, 2013 06:42 PM

Wow what an awesomely supportive boss!! More should be like that!