JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Putting baby to sleep. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2668167-putting-baby-to-sleep.html)

Mom2LillieAidan July 26th, 2013 01:48 PM

Putting baby to sleep.

What is one sure fire way to put your baby to sleep? Is it something you do regularly or as a last resort? How did you discover it (if it's something different)?

QueenCrafty July 26th, 2013 02:24 PM

Nursing for me. DH has to rely on paci and snuggles

Madison.Hailey.Zack July 26th, 2013 02:43 PM

Re: Putting baby to sleep.

Nursing normally does it for Zack. Nurse, burp, change his butt, give him his binkie and he's set.

MamaSkunk July 26th, 2013 02:56 PM

He loves to be snuggled up against my boobs and bounced. Also even though he bottle feeds a surefire way to get him to sleep is to let him comfort nurse. He doesn't get much milk between my nipple issue and his lip tie but he will nurse himself to sleep and lay there sleeping with boob still in his mouth. DH jokes that lil man is a typical male that loves the boobies lol

Hopeful2BMommy July 26th, 2013 03:11 PM

On my chest or miracle blanket

LisaS July 26th, 2013 03:33 PM

Lie down and nurse while we both lay on our sides.

beatlechicksteph July 26th, 2013 04:31 PM

I nurse him to sleep, that works 100% of the time. I usually nurse him in the rocking chair, and that helps. Also, if nursing doesn't work, and he's being particularly stubborn, DH puts him in the moby wrap and 3 laps around our complex will put him out.

Gen88 July 26th, 2013 07:39 PM

Usually nurse her to sleep, the binkie does it sometimes too.

Kim3 July 27th, 2013 07:38 AM

Nothing surefire. Generally nursing. Also walking, bouncing, singing - all at the same time. Then she sleeps on me. She is a high maintenance princess.

SassySami July 27th, 2013 03:48 PM

He gets butt changes, swaddled and nursed

Joanne Nicole July 27th, 2013 07:35 PM

Bath, swaddle, lullaby cd, nurse - out like a light for 8-10 hours. :) But Finn is a miracle baby...totally the exception to the rule. With DD there was no surefire way to get her to sleep, and she didn't sleep more than an hour at a time for many months.

morgankaedenmadisonsmommy July 27th, 2013 08:50 PM

Being dry/clean and nursing normally does it for Gracelyn. She used to love being swaddled but she start hating it :(

MissyBee July 27th, 2013 11:36 PM

Nursing almost always puts him to sleep and is the easiest way. He also likes the sound of the shower. Or putting him in the Moby and going for a walk (or walking around a store or whatever if we are out) will put him to sleep 90% of the time.

crawmommy July 30th, 2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy (Post 27544358)
On my chest or miracle blanket

Miracle blanket?? What is it?

Rissa6213 July 30th, 2013 10:31 AM

Bath time with baby bed time soap and lotion usually does the trick, but if it doesn't he loves to watch cartoons while being rocked. That is usually a 100% guarantee!

PregnantAtLast July 30th, 2013 10:36 AM

swaddling, i swaddle her every night now

loveneverfails July 30th, 2013 10:48 AM

only sure fire things that work are side nursing with them or wearing them. That's about it. Which during the day is really hard when they are both fussy and tired and there is only one of me.

AndieP August 8th, 2013 11:28 AM

There are a number of different methods and it often depends on your routine. You can have bath time, swaddling, listening to some soft music, but I always recommend finishing with a feed just before putting your baby to sleep

Nursing your baby just before bedtime can put them in a drowsy state, and then you can gently place them in the crib and let them fall asleep themselves.

Try to avoid letting them fall asleep during a feed as it discourages their ability to self-soothe. One little tip is to tickle their foot as they're feeding just to keep them awake a little longer :)

Steph625 August 8th, 2013 05:46 PM

We have a routine. Nurse, change his butt, supplement, burp, swaddle, paci, and glider time. Then he sleeps through the night...mostly.

hilachu August 8th, 2013 06:27 PM

routine now is bathtime, bedtime lotion, bottle and rock n play
sleeping through the night