JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   transitional clothing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2670679-transitional-clothing.html)

overlinmommy17 August 6th, 2013 09:20 PM

transitional clothing

I have very little I can wear right now but I don't want to buy much because I hope to be losing more weight soon. I feel so frumpy and ugly. ..ugh! Are you all wearing your pre preg. Clothes? If not are you buying some transitional clothes?? Anyone else feeling frumpy?

MissyBee August 6th, 2013 10:24 PM

Re: transitional clothing

I don't have much to wear either. It sucks. Yoga pants are my friend! I can fit into all my pre-pregnancy pants, but the tops are too tight. So tshirts and maternity shirts are what I'm wearing mostly. I refuse to buy any clothes for in between. I'm allowed to exercise now, so starting back tomorrow and back to teaching Zumba next week! I started a diet today, so I will hopefully have clothes to wear soon!

MamaSkunk August 7th, 2013 12:12 AM

No transitional clothes here. I fit my previous pregnancy clothes now. They are a bit snug but not MA Orly. Its about the same bit of tightness like when I get bloated before that time of the month.

Hopeful2BMommy August 7th, 2013 03:39 AM

I came home from the hospital in my prepreg clothes. The whole weight thing has been so strange. After having Eli and the swelling went down, I weighed 16 lb less than before I got pregnant.
But yes. I always feel frumpy.

zkat August 7th, 2013 04:33 AM

I still have about 10 to fit into my skinny clothes. I have some transitional work clothes but not much. I did buy a couple of shirts/skirts and t shirts for weekends. None of my shorts/tank tops fit. I went to Kihls and Old Navy and spent about $100 total.

Kim3 August 7th, 2013 04:39 AM

I always lose huge amounts while bf and then gain it all back. I was 138 when I got pg, went to 132 at end of first trimester (all food made me sick) and then up to 156. I am now 127. Will probably continue to drop to about 122. So my clothes just hang and look frumpy. Dont want to buy new since the weight returns with a vengence when I stop bf, and then it is so drepressing not to fit. Skinny this year and next year I will pack on the pounds no matter what I do.

eshute August 7th, 2013 05:11 AM

Sorry you're feeling frumpy :( I've been overweight my whole life, so frumpy is like a way of life for me. Haha. I'm not talking a little chubby, I'm "morbidly obese" on the charts and whatnot. Anyhow, because I'm so big to begin with, I never bought maternity clothes. I just wore whatever had an elastic band until just a few days ago when I braved a pair of stretchy jeans. I was very lucky to have only gained 16 pounds during my pregnancy and then at my 6 week PP visit, I was actually 14 pounds under my pre-preg weight. I'm sure I've gained it all back now, but it doesn't really matter since my clothes still fit. It's sad to say, but I guess that's an up side to being as big as I am.

Madison.Hailey.Zack August 7th, 2013 07:23 AM

I am back into my pre pregnancy clothes. However a lot of my maternity shirts you couldn't tell they were maternity so I still wear the smaller size ones. I do wear a pair of maternity shorts since i don't have any other pairs. My favorite go to item is my leggings though. I wore them through the pregnancy and still do :)

navywifey2003 August 7th, 2013 07:43 AM

I haven't bought anything I'm trying to loose weight but I feel fat and gross. I'm really down on myself about my weight lately, it sucks.

4hearts August 7th, 2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSkunk (Post 27569986)
No transitional clothes here. I fit my previous pregnancy clothes now. They are a bit snug but not MA Orly. Its about the same bit of tightness like when I get bloated before that time of the month.

This.. except I still wear maternity sometimes too. But I do feel bloated in my pre-pg stuff even though I'm the same weight as I was then.

overlinmommy17 August 7th, 2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27570471)
I haven't bought anything I'm trying to loose weight but I feel fat and gross. I'm really down on myself about my weight lately, it sucks.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way:( I'm very down about weight as well. I have 20 lbs to loose. I gained too much weight. Oh well. I look like crap most days. I need my hair down and a spray tan and some new clothes but I can't afford it. :(

beatlechicksteph August 7th, 2013 02:33 PM

I've lost all my pregnancy weight, but everything in my belly has shifted or something because NONE of my pre-pregnancy pants fit. :( I'm still wearing maternity pants because we don't have the money to buy anything else. I'm going to start working out. My goal is to be in "normal" clothes before Arthur and I go to California in October.

shen7 August 7th, 2013 09:31 PM

I am struggling with this now. Warning, long overly detailed rant ahead.

My elastic waist yoga/lounge-y pre-preg pants fit, and I'm barely ever leaving the house anyway since I am still healing from my birth injury to my pelvis, so I just wore those and didn't think about it for awhile. Then I got on the scale for the first time at 4-5 wks pp, about a week ago, and I was still 20 lbs over pre-preg weight. I only gained 35 lbs during pregnancy (was at a low-to-healthy weight beforehand) and I was shocked to see how much weight I still had on, I swear in the mirror I don't look that big!! I expected to be maybe 10 lbs over pre-preg, which would be totally fine with me, but 20 lbs seemed like a lot. I had been feeling like my body was pretty much back to normal, size-wise, aside from a little belly, I mean just based on the mirror I was feeling like my body looked fine for this stage. But because of the scale number, I was perplexed, I then (out of curiosity) tried on my biggest available (size 14) jeans that I fully expected to fit, and could barely pull them over my hips. WTH!?!? I measured and I am now a size 16 pants instead of size 10-12. I have a bunch of 12s and that one pair of 14s but definitely no 16s. Well, I might be this size for awhile, who knows, so I ordered some cheap size 16 pants from Old Navy online, they arrived today and were hopelessly ill fitting. They fit in the biggest part of my hips/butt and again in the waist, but in the front in the lower-gut area I could grab huge handfuls of fabric. Needless to say I am sending them back!!! But what to do now? Apparently I don't have the body of a normal size 16 woman. I just want a couple of cheap pairs of jeans or pants that zip for when I go out and about in the world so I don't feel like a schlump. The whole thing is just weird. I am worried about my hips possibly being permanently huge now and maybe due to my pelvic separation issue. They were plenty wide before but now it's just ridiculous. I'm normally a rather skinny but pear-shaped person, but this is like a mutant pear, like a cherry with the stem on top. If I lose my belly and keep these hips, I am going to have to learn to sew my own pants, because I will never ever find pants that fit me. I had a hard enough time before, especially since with my height I need 34-35" inseams, since my shape was so pear-ish, and now it's even more extreme. Blargh.

And in the meantime, yes, I am feeling frumpy, as well as freaky. I'll be doing a lot of yoga pants with loose tops, and elastic waist skirts when I need to be a bit more dressy. And maybe I'll try to get to a store and actually try on pants to find a style that fits, like sometime when I have childcare help and feel like using my precious time to myself in order to most likely just piss myself off in a crowded mall (I hate malls). Or maybe I'll order some other random pants online and hope that I somehow strike gold.

Steph625 August 8th, 2013 07:44 AM

I feel frumpy and I'm in my pre preg clothes. Now, they are slightly tighter than normal. I just feel flabby. I need to get toned! I joined weight watchers 2 weeks ago today and I've lost 8# so far!

ashleykathleen August 8th, 2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27570471)

This is exactly how I feel. While I only have 6lbs to lose to be back to my pre-preggo weight, my body shape is very different so none of my skinny shorts or pants fit. My tops mostly fit except for my giant boobs (I'm normally an A cup but right now I'm a C/D so you can imagine how hard it is to squeeze those puppies into anything remotely fitted. Mostly my hips and thighs are what have me so depressed. I managed to finally squeeze into my "fat jeans" the other day...they were my post-preggo jeans I bought after having Kiefer. They fit ok everywhere but my hips so, naturally, they wouldn't button comfortably and I had to keep them together with a rubberband. I cried that day.

QueenCrafty August 8th, 2013 02:55 PM

I don't have any transitional casual clothes. I have some old work pants that are bigger but I don't need that as a SAHM. My maternity stuff is too big, but my hips are still wider than normal. I have 2 shorts and 2 skirts that fit. Shirts seem to be okay. I still have 7 pounds to lose. I've started walking this week and will start running next week, so hopefully more weight will come off. Kinda nervous about my fall/winter clothes since I was in a size 4-6 then.

loveneverfails August 9th, 2013 04:50 PM

I bought one pair of shorts from target, I wore my one pair of maternity shorts for awhile but I lost so much weight BFing that they hang off me now. So do the other ones I bought from target. I can fit into all of my pre-preg clothes its just that I had massive swelling after the babies were born and I ended up with stretch marks all on my legs just from the swelling alone so some of my pre shorts I feel are too short :(

Gen88 August 9th, 2013 08:09 PM

I finally fit in my Pre pregnancy clothes but they fit a little tight, I still got about 4lbs to lose to get to my Pre pregnancy weight. My shorts are still a little tight and they button but I've just been using a hair tie cuz I feel my belly is too flabby right now. I wanna work out and tone up. I'm too **** lazy lol