JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Connecting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2672978-connecting.html)

MamaSkunk August 17th, 2013 02:04 PM

Connecting

BTDT moms what is one thing you do with your older kids either on a daily or weekly basis to connect with them?

FT moms what do you plan on doing with your baby once they get older as a way to connect with them either daily or weekly?

eshute August 17th, 2013 03:39 PM

Re: Connecting

SO and I both want to have traditions such as a big family breakfast on Sundays, or game night once a week. I'm not sure what Anna and I will do daily as part of our routine, but I'm sure there will be something. Maybe a special way we say "I love you", or having a certain number of hugs has a minimum every day or something. We'll see. I'm sure SO and Anna will have something special, too.

MamaSkunk August 17th, 2013 04:06 PM

I make sure to read to DD every night. And before bed I just snuggle with her and talk to her about her day letting her talk to me about what she feels was important. (At almost 3...sometimes that is just her saying she was upset daddy didn't let her have a cupcake or telling me she liked playing at the park) but I feel its a good way to encourage open communication between us.
We also make sure to eat dinner as a family every single day. And I make sure to hug her at least 10 times a day as well as telling her I love her also.
I will do all these with little man as he gets older. And as both get older I plan on having a family game night.

mommy220 August 17th, 2013 05:19 PM

We have movie night and game night, we still let her sleep in our bed occasionally and we stay up talking in the dark, we read before bed, we play cards and dominies, we love to paint and color together, she helps me cook and we bake together. I just taught her how to properly use a knife. Ummm... Believe it or not but the time she opens up the most is when we are driving in the car.

zkat August 17th, 2013 06:10 PM

I kiss him and tell him I love you everytime he is buckled into the car. We talk about his day every night. I believe his make believe.

The most profound thing i read when Bourne was a baby. If you want him to tell you the big things later, then listen to the little things now because in his mind, it is all big Stuff

hilachu August 17th, 2013 07:53 PM

Well Wednesday is Tickle Day for DS and when baby girl is in bed and DS is watching his cartoon before bedtime we will snuggle on the couch together
He also ends up getting a hot wheel or a matchbox car once a week when we're at the store

MrsLat August 17th, 2013 08:45 PM

Me and Joce Bear play sock puppets or tea parties together :)

Gabriel likes me to read to him or help him put together puzzles.

Brie289 August 18th, 2013 04:40 AM

We will cook/bake together at least once a week and if DH is home, he stays home with the baby while I take our 3 year old with me to run errands and we just take our time and talk, no crying baby distractions or reason to hurry :0). I also let him snuggle for 30 min or so with me in our bed after the baby is asleep for the night. Sometimes we read or watch a movie of his choosing. I also take him outside to play every afternoon. Sometimes we do crafts outside, go to the park, feed ducks. I go back to work this week so its going to be tougher to do this, my magical summer is over :0(

ashleykathleen August 19th, 2013 08:44 AM

Every time I get any of the kids in the car, as I'm buckling them in (in Jaleigh's case, it's as she buckles herself in) I give them a kiss and tell them I love them. On our rides home from school/work/store/etc at the end of the day, I let them both take turns telling me all about their day. I listen with enthusiasm so that they know I think it's all just as important to me. I read a book to them every single night before bedtime. We have dinner as a family every night and Sunday morning breakfast as a family as well. Some weekends we have family movie night and we make a big pallet on the floor and all lay down and watch a movie together.