JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Gas help!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2673004-gas-help.html)

Hopeful2BMommy August 17th, 2013 05:37 PM

Gas help!!!

Eli has been screaming off and on all evening. I've given him gas drops and he has passed a lotof gas. We've also noticed that he is spitting up someafterhe eats which he never did before.

Whatdo you do for gas besides drops?
Could it be his formula even though we haven't changed it? He is on similac sensitive.

Kim3 August 18th, 2013 05:41 AM

Re: Gas help!!!

let him lay on his belly over your legs while patting his bottom. That helps us.

eshute August 18th, 2013 06:17 AM

Besides using gas drops every other feeding, we make sure she sits up for a bit after eating and before we burp her so the gas bubbles can get to the top of her belly and that helps with her spitting up. We also bicycle her legs if she's gassy and not burping and during her bath we put the washcloth on her belly and pour the warm water over it for a good 5 or 10 minutes and that seems to help.

Hope something helps! It's horrible having a gassy baby if you can't find something that helps!

MamaSkunk August 18th, 2013 08:57 AM

What Kim said worked best for my dad...but I patted her back. With little man I have to sit him in a seated position bending him a bit forward while patting his back to get him to burp and have to do this at least twice per feeding

PurpleStar August 18th, 2013 11:28 AM

Poor thing - Giana has gas issues too and also have her on Similac Sensitive. We try to be preventive, so we put gas drops in each bottle. We also have a home remedy tea we give her daily (oregano & yerba buena) with a few drops of olive oil & gas drops. At times we also warm some olive oil and massage her tummy in a circular downward motion. Afterwards we put a warm cloth over her belly and keep it there under her clothes.

At all costs, I get her to burp after feedings...I find if she doesn't she has a gas episode. Putting her on her belly works great too, I'll cradle her on my forearm and rub/pat her back...it usually gets her to both burp & pass gas.

Hope he found some relief!

TeresaV August 18th, 2013 01:14 PM

Morgan is also very gassy. Sometimes we have success with gas drops, sometimes not. We burp her A LOT during feedings as a preventative measure. We rub her belly in a clockwise motion a few times and alternate that with cycling the legs. That is also hit or miss. Sometimes it just needs to work itself out.

sunnydaze August 18th, 2013 04:58 PM

I went from Enfamil to Similac Sensitive and finally to Gerber Soothe and let me tell you what a difference!

Gerber Soothe doesn't really foam up at all when you mix it either...very strange, but I think that is what helps Lilah out.

I suggest you give this a try because even Similac Sensitive was too harsh for her.

(not to mention Gerber Soothe is cheaper)

My boys were so gassy when I stopped breastfeeding them, I put them on soy formula and didn't have an issue after that.

warning: soy formula spit up is way more foul

shen7 August 18th, 2013 05:07 PM

We don't use gas drops, I don't believe in them. We BF but my milk can let down very forcefully and G sometimes gasps and sputters, he can swallow a lot of air sometimes. I have to burp him frequently during such feeds. Sometimes he has old gas built up and burping doesn't really get it out. In these cases what works for him is either bicycle kicking his legs, or carrying him in an upright position while walking with a bouncing walk, holding him very close to put some pressure on the tummy. The baby carriers are lifesavers for this, because sometimes he needs to be in this position for quite awhile or else he cries. Usually he is tired as well and eventually crashes out in the carrier and then he is happy when he wakes up. He HATES lying down on his back when he is gassy.

princess136 August 19th, 2013 12:02 PM

For Aubrey I alternate between Gripe Water or the gas drops. But I also bicycle her legs alot. She loves this and I think it really provides her some relief.

She had a horrible time of it last night and didn't sleep well at all.

Hope something we have all suggested helps.