JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Exersaucer (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2673162-exersaucer.html)

TeresaV August 18th, 2013 01:21 PM

Exersaucer

Morgan loves being upright. Instead of buying a Bumbo that won't get used for very long I got her an Exersaucer. She LOVES it! Granted, she can barely touch the bottom and we need to stuff blankets in around her, but she's content for quite awhile in it. I laughed today when I read the giant warning label on the back of the seat that says babies should be at least 4 or 5 months old to use it (old enough to hold head up unassisted). She's been holding her head up for at least a month. Oh, and as a public service announcement, I'll also tell you that according to the label it is not to be filled with water. :p I laugh at these silly warnings until I realize that they are there because someone tried it.

beatlechicksteph August 18th, 2013 01:54 PM

Re: Exersaucer

I'm looking for a used exersaucer right now. Arthur loves to kick his legs and I think that would be fun for him. I'm giving myself 2 more weeks to find a used one before breaking down and getting a new one.

Kim3 August 18th, 2013 02:34 PM

I was thinking of getting ours out for Elli. She is 10 weeks old. She too likes to be upright.

TeresaV August 18th, 2013 03:41 PM

I got one of the cheaper ones on Diapers.com. I think it was $40. Also, check retailmenot.com for coupon codes. I have saved so much money doing that.

hilachu August 18th, 2013 06:00 PM

Emerson likes to be upright as well but isn't too keen on tons of holding unless shes sleepy
we've been doing the bouncy chair for the most part but her poor little head, shes lost her hair in the back from it =)

MerinSun August 18th, 2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaV (Post 27595180)
Morgan loves being upright. Instead of buying a Bumbo that won't get used for very long I got her an Exersaucer. She LOVES it! Granted, she can barely touch the bottom and we need to stuff blankets in around her, but she's content for quite awhile in it. I laughed today when I read the giant warning label on the back of the seat that says babies should be at least 4 or 5 months old to use it (old enough to hold head up unassisted). She's been holding her head up for at least a month. Oh, and as a public service announcement, I'll also tell you that according to the label it is not to be filled with water. :p I laugh at these silly warnings until I realize that they are there because someone tried it.

People were putting them in their bathtubs and pools. Idiots.

With Alex I thought he had to be a certain height/age to put in an exersaucer. I was shocked to come in to pick him at daycare to discover that he was in one and doing well. I went out and immediately bought a bouncer. It was hilarious watching him get adjusted to it but with a few towels and proper supervision he did really well in it. Rowan is starting to do better with his head so I was thinking of giving it a couple more weeks and putting him in our walker. FYI: I lock the wheels on the walker when they're big enough to move it around. I don't need that complication in my life! lol

navywifey2003 August 18th, 2013 09:19 PM

We have a jumperoo that Everett hated, Payson will use it in a few months. She is a very content and easy going baby.