JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Where were you (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2674051-where-were-you.html)

navywifey2003 August 21st, 2013 11:33 PM

Where were you

In your life 5 years ago?

PurpleStar August 22nd, 2013 12:45 AM

I was 28, living in Las Vegas, finished college, working in my chosen career, traveling the globe & was the healthiest & most fit of my life (at that point had lost 115pds over 2yrs). I also met DH at the end of my 28th year. It was a great time in my life. I miss it sometimes.

Hopeful2BMommy August 22nd, 2013 02:49 AM

Re: Where were you

I was starting my senior year of college.

Mom2LillieAidan August 22nd, 2013 03:20 AM

I was 20, working a crap job and had just met DD's dad..

bribugg13 August 22nd, 2013 04:52 AM

wedding prep! We will be married 5 years this October! I'm not sure if I should be saying "wow I can't believe it's been 5 years already!!" or "dam, it's only been 5 years?? Feels like 20!" HA HA! I also had just left the company DH and I met at and I had been working at for almost 5 years, and started working for a new company, small office full of a bunch of jackasses! lol Thank goodness I became a SAHM with Connor!!

Kim3 August 22nd, 2013 05:04 AM

I was 34 with 2 sons aged 5 and 3, the eldest just starting k-garden. I just was named a partner at my law firm. I was planning DH's 40th b-day party. We were pretty sure our family was complete. We now learned that life needed Ellianna :p Love this crazy life.

mommyandwife08 August 22nd, 2013 05:54 AM

I was 20 and Dh and I had been married for a year. We were living in CA. My oldest son was about a month old, so we were just getting used to being parents. Crazy how fast the time goes!

Joanne Nicole August 22nd, 2013 08:10 AM

Almost exactly where I am now, as far as babies are concerned! Fiona was 6 months old 5 years ago.

A lot has changed though. We were living in Arizona and I was planning our wedding (we got married when Fiona was 11 months old), and still working as an admin in an office. We were just about to move into our first home. I was 23...so young!

Gen88 August 22nd, 2013 08:55 AM

I was almost 20 and a new mommy to DS, he was 7 months old and we were preparing for a trip to California to visit our good friends that are like family! :)

QueenCrafty August 22nd, 2013 10:40 AM

I was 25, about to turn 26. Lily was 7 months old. I was finally getting out of my PPD funk. DH and I were starting to enjoy having such a happy little one (she was a bit of a surprise) because she was starting to talk already at that age. I was still working full time for a homebuilder before the market had crashed in our area. So much has changed in such a short time!

eshute August 22nd, 2013 11:05 AM

I was almost 22. I had just graduated from a practical nursing program. No boyfriend at the time. I was working at an ok job and stressing about taking the NCLEX. So much has happened since then. It's crazy.

beatlechicksteph August 22nd, 2013 12:51 PM

I was 22, married for 5 months, still basking in the awesome that was our honeymoon, and just starting my job as a para to an amazing kid.

Madison.Hailey.Zack August 22nd, 2013 12:58 PM

I was 26 years old. 7 months pregnant with my oldest. Been married for years years and living in our new home for a year.

PregnantAtLast August 22nd, 2013 01:03 PM

i was 24 waiting the arrival of our DS

4hearts August 22nd, 2013 03:18 PM

I was 26. Had been married for 5 yrs, DD1 was 5 1/2 y/o and DS had JUST turned 1 y/o (bday was yesterday).

I'd quit my supervisor job at CVS 1 1/2 yrs prior and had been watching a friend's 1 yr old daughter for that long as well (full-time).

We lived in a single wide trailer that was falling to pieces and we wanted to buy a house sooo much but were stuck in a very bad financial situation. Thankfully, almost exactly 2 yrs later, we finally did buy our first home out in the country.

Also, at that time I ended a very bad "friendship" with someone who took great joy from bringing me down to bring herself up. THAT was a great decision. :)

PurpleStar August 22nd, 2013 04:59 PM

^ just realized I did the same thing 5 yrs ago for the same reason with someone I had known since kindergarten. I called it a "divorce". But it was one of the best decisions of my life...like a huge black cloud that had been suffocating me was lifted and I could breathe again.

overlinmommy17 August 22nd, 2013 06:41 PM

Graduating nursing school and going through a horrible divorce! !!