JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Crazy baby and a new job. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2674382-crazy-baby-and-new-job.html)

eshute August 23rd, 2013 09:50 AM

Crazy baby and a new job.

Anna had been doing great for about a week and a half. Eating good, taking regular naps, being super happy because she was taking regular naps, and sleeping for 7-8hrs at night. Well...three days ago sh*t hit the fan.

She felt warm and was running a low grade fever, wouldn't take her naps, acted miserable. Ugh. Her temp got to 100.4 and I gave her some tylenol because she was so miserable (I was going to give her tylenol regardless of the fever because she was just inconsolable). On a regular day, she cries for maybe 20-30 minutes TOTAL. And sometimes not even that as long as I get her bottle on time. Yesterday was especially awful. Her fever was still low grade, but I had to give her tylenol about 4pm because she just couldn't handle life. I'd pick her up, she'd scream. lay her down = scream. Sit her in her boppy = scream. She also wasn't eating much and hadn't the day before, either. Finally, I got her to eat 5 ounces while laying flat on the bed. I don't know why it worked, but it did. After that 5 ounces, she slept for 8 hours. This was at 7:45pm. SO suggested we get her up for her bath. I told him there was no way I was waking her up. Yesterday sucked. It just wasn't her. Luckily, no fever this morning and less cranky. I was able to feed her like I normally do. She cried when SO tried to put her down for a nap, but she went. The thing is...she normally starts getting the fever and getting super cranky later in the day. I don't know what is going on with her. I think she might be teething because nothing else is wrong. All of her limbs are in good working order, she's pooping, peeing, and her belly is soft.

On a happier note: I got the job I interviewed for. It's part time, pays great, and the hours are 5am-1:30pm which means that my mom won't have to watch the baby for very long and I'll still get most of the day with her. We really need this extra income. I'm hoping we can finally get back on our feet a little bit and start living.

Gen88 August 23rd, 2013 10:47 AM

Re: Crazy baby and a new job.

So sorry for the cranky baby, it's possible she could be teething or maybe going thru a grow spurt? Congrats on the new job :) yayyy

MamaSkunk August 23rd, 2013 12:02 PM

I would take her to the Dr just to rule out something more serious like an ear infection. I refuse to mess around with fevers. If it is teething you can see the teeth just below the surface of the gums. If you can't see the teeth then it usually isn't that.

eshute August 23rd, 2013 12:41 PM

She's doing great so far today (god I hope I don't jinx it). She's acting a lot more like herself and so far no fever. I've checked her gums and felt them and there's definitely something there. If she gets a fever again, I'll take her to the urgent care/ med express clinic here just to get her checked out. She's been all smiles and is napping and eating like normal. Her pedi office is a pain and we see a different doctor or PA every time, so it's not like they know her anyway. Once I start my job, I'm going to find someone closer anyway.