JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Monday roll call (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2674747-monday-roll-call.html)

navywifey2003 August 25th, 2013 03:01 PM

Monday roll call

Sound off 1...2....3....4

Everyone check in, lurkes, new members, regulars, space aliens, ect

Tell us how you are, how is the baby? Your relationship? Give us a full update?

Joanne Nicole August 25th, 2013 04:08 PM

Re: Monday roll call

Here!

Doing well. Putting Finn to sleep right now...it's one of my favourite times of the day with him. He's so sweet and peaceful.

It's my dad's and my little sister's birthday today. My sister and her husband and son flew in from Oregon yesterday. It's the first time I've met my nephew! He's adorable (almost as cute as my little guy ;) ) and its fun to get a little preview of what Finn will be like 8 months from now.

As soon as I finish feeding Finn I'm going downstairs for cake and champagne! Woo!

QueenCrafty August 25th, 2013 04:11 PM

I'm doing okay. I'm not sure what changed, but the last week has been rough. The blues hit me hard despite taking an antidepressant. Henry is still easy going but I just couldn't get out of bed and moving in the mornings. There are a lot of changes coming this week (Lily starting kindergarten and Abri starting preschool and dance), so maybe I'm having a hard time dealing with that. DH knows so he's trying to step up with the girls.

Henry is doing great. He's so mellow unless he needs to burp. He's actually paying attention to his play gym toys now.

DH and I are good. Obviously adding a baby means an adjustment to a relationship, but it's been pretty smooth

overlinmommy17 August 25th, 2013 05:00 PM

I'm here!! I'm ok....much better than last week. I have also struggled with the blues but I have been pulling out of it.... (I hope for good)!

Madeline is great. She is gaining well although she won't meet the doubled weight by 4 months since she had such a slow start. We are still EBF'ing ! Yay! She's a little happy baby girl and so sweet:)

My kids go back to school tomorrow. Ugh. I hate the early mornings but glad to get back on a schedule!

hilachu August 25th, 2013 06:04 PM

doing good

Liam my son just turned 3 today, time flies!!

Emerson is great, getting big and such a laid back,happy personality
loving her to pieces

confirmed my inlaws to watch the kids for a long weekend in January so DH and I an fly out to California - super stoked!!!

TeresaV August 25th, 2013 06:13 PM

Doing great here!

I can't believe Morgan will be 3 months old already on Thursday. Time flies! After almost 4 weeks dairy free I think it's safe to say that Morgan has a milk protein sensitivity. She isn't 100% better, but I'd say 75%. Her belly isn't rock hard anymore and she rarely has gas. I think we're dealing with a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance too, which might account for the random green poops and occasional fussiness while nursing.

DH and I are doing well. Unfortunately DTD is still uncomfortable for me, so we aren't doing it as much as DH would like. It's getting a little less painful each time. Baby steps.

beatlechicksteph August 25th, 2013 06:20 PM

I'm doing well. Adjusting to DH being back at work. It's harder than I thought it would be, since DH can't get home until like 5 because of traffic outside of school and the 30 min drive home (isn't that crazy? We only live 8 miles from the school...).

Arthur is doing well. I think he might be teething (I type as he attempts to shove his whole fist in his mouth...) He's generally happy...unless he goes all day without a nap, and then he becomes a major cranky pants around 7 or 8...and even then he won't go down for the night until around 11 or 11:30. He's becoming a lot more active and alert, and VERY "talkative."

My relationship is going well. It hasn't really changed much since the baby came. We just shifted and included the baby. It was a very smooth transition. I think it helped that we didn't have to change much of our routine with the baby: he's very good at movie nights, which is the pinnacle of our relationship. DH has also impressed me by stepping up and filling in where I've been slacking off in the chore department.

PurpleStar August 26th, 2013 12:52 AM

Here!

I'm doing good, in the larger picture kinda way. I feel some energy returning to me, I'm sure Gia STTN is a big reason for that. The only thing I am in a funk about is my body image...its in the toilet right now. I still have uterus pooch going on, on top of my belly jelly...and I feel like my abdomen has shifted somehow (if that makes any sense) and it makes me feel like Quasimodo. All I want are my yoga pants & tank tops but then I feel slovenly for dressing that way. I can not wait to get my body back!

Giana is doing excellent. She just turned 2mos and it seems things are falling into step. Her gas issues have eased up, her pooping is more regular, the process of weaning to formula went better than I anticipated, she's STTN, and overall is a happy, content, smiley baby. She totally has her diva moments too, but we work it out ;)

I miss DH like crazy...he went back to Maui a month ago. We miss sex!!! Go figure, my dang PP bleeding stopped the day DH left! Sucks!! We have some financial issues going on at the moment. Sometimes I wonder how we will ever get through this mess. Basically, and even after insurance pays out, we're looking at paying almost entirely out of pocket for Gia's delievery - a csection and costs associated. I feel like we are so F'd. We are a team, madly love each other, and our committment strong, but he is freaking the F out and I'm left to keep us calm and collected with a "we'll figure it out" mentality. But the truth is I'm freaking out just as bad. I have no idea what we are going to do.

PregnantAtLast August 26th, 2013 02:21 AM

we are here!

Ava is dong great, very happy and settled. I am loving having a girl, she is STTN and very little during the day, our realtionship is having a rough patch but we are working through it

Mom2LillieAidan August 26th, 2013 04:37 AM

I'm feeling pretty good. I am finally going to get my iud this week. I've been having a lot of headaches again lately so I'm trying to up my water.
Aidan is doing alright, teething like a madman though so he's been pretty grumpy. He's still growing like a weed, starting to outgrow his 6M clothes. He is such a sweet little guy when he's happy though.
Our relationship is good. Married life is no different than non-married life. We still have our frustrations and irritations but at the end of the day, we love each other and we are happy together.
My DD starts school in a little over a week so we're trying to get into a routine before then. Last week went pretty well, we'll see how this week goes. I'm thinking of moving Aidan to a convertible car seat already. He's just getting so heavy in the infant carrier. It's insane. Um I think that's about it with us.

MarylandMama August 26th, 2013 05:47 AM

I'm here, doing well. Lena is wonderful, aside from a couple of days of diarrhea. I have my second day back to work tomorrow and also work Thurs and Fri. Since the babysitter decided to be gone until the 9th, things are tricky. Anna is in preschool now and I miss her like crazy when she isn't home. She may be staying home today. She woke up pretty grumpy and is asking to stay home. I might cave. :) Thinking she may be a bit grumpy from the ear infection.

DH and I are ok. We haven't had a ton of time together lately and have been generally too exhausted to DTD. We did last night for the first time since my 6 week pp appt. I think we are going to try for a date night soon to reconnect a bit. Thank God for my wonderful mom, our best and most enthusiastic babysitter.

princess136 August 26th, 2013 10:26 AM

I'm here.

Aubrey is doing great. Bought her a new Fisher Price rocker chair thing that vibrates because she is too chunky for the bouncer we got and it isn't adjustable (whoever made a non-adjustable bouncer??) and she loves it!!! She sleeps through the night from about 8:30 to 4:00 everyday. Friday night she slept 9pm-7am, it was crazy! She is starting to coo more now and smiles all the time and laughs a little which is hilarious to hear a laugh coming out of a little bitty baby.

Relationship is doing good. We need some alone time together desperately though so hoping maybe this weekend we can get some since my older girls are going to their dads for the weekend and we can get a grandparent to watch the baby.

bribugg13 August 26th, 2013 12:11 PM

I'm here, same old, nothing new to report! We go about our daily routine....until next week when Connor starts preschool...then we'll make a new routine! :D

eshute August 26th, 2013 01:06 PM

We're here.
Anna is doing good despite the teething. Poor thing is just beside herself sometimes, but we're figuring it out.
I started my new job. It's 2-3 days a week, so not too much right now.
SO and I are doing okay. There's some crap going on, but I'm sure it'll pass so I'm not going to bother b*tching about it.

8miraclez August 26th, 2013 04:13 PM

I'm here off and on.
We are doing well. School just started today so we're trying to get into a routine now so I can feed Jocelyn and still get the kids ready in the morning.
This week I have to take Jocelyn for labs to make sure she doesn't have a UTI and then next week she goes in for surgery.

I'm hoping it's a short stay. I won't know much else until we actually get there.

jhmomofmany August 26th, 2013 08:29 PM

I'm here, hoping to have more time to participate. :)

I'm doing okay, DH is out 11 days and home 3, so that isn't too bad. The kids are all well. I've decided our first day back to full-time schooling will not be until the 9th. There are a few more books I need to order. John is such a good baby, but even a good baby throws the household routine for a loop. I hope that with nursing him at night instead of pumping, I'll be sleeping better and we can try to get back to normal... whatever that means for a household of 10!

MissyBee August 26th, 2013 10:12 PM

I'm here... We're doing pretty good. Other than me not getting much sleep, things are good. Porter is a really good baby overall and I just love him so much. It makes not sleeping worth it, but at the same time I really want some sleep! 6 or 8 hours of sleep broken up into 2 or 3 segments is just not the same as 6 or 8 in a row! If I could just get like 5 in a row every few nights, I think that would make a difference.

My husband and I are doing well, nothing really changed. I resent the fact that he gets to sleep and I don't, but I know that I make that choice by choosing to breastfeed. And I'm ok with that because I know it's good for Porter. My husband offers to feed him pumped bottles sometimes, but it's always at a time where I would need to pump if he fed him (like when it's been a few hours since he ate) and then I still wouldn't be sleeping, so I might as well just nurse. And when I do try to get him to watch him so I can nap, it never works out. I'm hoping if I can get Porter on a better schedule that it will help things. But we're going out of town this weekend and so I'm waiting to really try for a schedule until after we get back.

D&K's_mama August 28th, 2013 03:41 PM

I'm here! Haven't had alotnof time to get on here since schools started, things always seem to be so hectic around here!
Paiton is great! He's a little chinked weighing 15 pds now @ 10wks! He's already started cutting a tooth but hasn't been fussy with it at all! Thank goodness! He sleeps well thru the night usually only wakes up once to nurse! My 18 month old on the other hand has been horriable lately! Wakes up all thru the night cries over everything! I will be glad when this little phase passes! Dh and I are great few little spats here and there mainly because we both are exhausted but that's just part of it right now!

crawmommy August 28th, 2013 08:14 PM

I am good for the most part, starting to feel like I'm reaching my breaking point some days. Work is busy right now 4 deals going on at once trying to work from home and take care of the twins and my 4 yr old while trying to keep the house from looking like a tornado hit it all while not getting a lot of sleep :(

Babies are good they will be 3 months on the 6th! Coralynn was 10lbs9oz & Cameron was 11 lbs at their 2 month appt. Almost double their birth weights. They are starting to make noises and are smiling & laughing all the time.

Relationship...uggghhh not ideal currently. We are 2 different pages most the time and trying to figure out how to fix it. Very rough patch.