JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   New baby skills (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2675557-new-baby-skills.html)

TeresaV August 29th, 2013 07:24 PM

New baby skills

So what new things has your baby/babies starting doing this week?

Morgan has just started having a screaming fit every night around 7:00. :mad:

TeresaMomTo2Boys August 29th, 2013 07:36 PM

Re: New baby skills

Trey has learned to grab his feet while sitting up, roll from tummy to back and punch my boobs until he gets a let down lol

shen7 August 30th, 2013 10:43 AM

G seems to seeing much better, he makes eye contact from farther away now! Also, he's being ridiculously cute with his smiles and facial expressions.

ashleykathleen August 30th, 2013 11:14 AM

McKinley has started following people with her whole head instead of just her eyes. She is also recognizing her big brother and sister's voices too. It is absolutely heart melting when she hears them and starts craning her head/neck around to be able to see them.

I feel like we are a bit behind on this aspect but I also know every baby is different and I'm definitely not trying to rush any physical milestones since she is my last baby...she is finally getting better about tummy time. For the longest time she would just refuse to even try to lift her head up or when she did she would lift her upper body but would tuck her chin down towards her chest instead of looking up. Now she will lift her head and look at me if I'm laying in front of her. It doesn't last long but definitely an improvement!

QueenCrafty August 30th, 2013 12:05 PM

Henry is smiling and cooing at others instead of just me. He also recognizes DH's voice and turns to look and smile at him.

beatlechicksteph August 30th, 2013 12:36 PM

Arthur has taken an interest in toys! I sat him (with blankets and books under his feet) in his jumperoo, and instead of sitting there, he started playing with the monkey toy. He's never done that before!

He also apparently has started to recognize voices other than mine and DH's...the sad thing is, it's Wayne Brady and Drew Carey. I sat him in my room with Let's Make a Deal while I took a shower, and he sat there and babbled at Wayne Brady the whole time. *sigh* I guess I'm creating a monster with our morning routine. LOL

eshute August 30th, 2013 03:09 PM

Anna let out a squeal yesterday. She was just hanging out with her dad and all of a sudden she squealed. haha. I was totally shocked. She's smiling a ton and it just melts my heart every time. I feel like she might be a little behind on stuff like rolling over, but I know she'll get there. She follows things with her eyes as well as her head, she tries to bat at her toys, etc, so I know she's doing just fine. :)

QueenCrafty August 30th, 2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph (Post 27621895)

He also apparently has started to recognize voices other than mine and DH's...the sad thing is, it's Wayne Brady and Drew Carey. I sat him in my room with Let's Make a Deal while I took a shower, and he sat there and babbled at Wayne Brady the whole time. *sigh* I guess I'm creating a monster with our morning routine. LOL

LOL! Glad I'm not the only one who watches Let's Make a Deal. My girls love it

hilachu August 31st, 2013 02:09 PM

Emerson has found her feet, in that she now will kick at things while sitting in her bouncy chair - tries to kick at the thing hanging over it, tries to kick at a toy i will put in front of her, tries to kick at her brother =)

we also got a full on laugh out of her today, sweetest thing ever

MamaSkunk August 31st, 2013 03:52 PM

Tristans new thing is he keeps trying to sit up on his own. He tried the other day at his Dr appt he tried and got halfway up before falling back down and now he keeps trying daily to sit up. He gets about halfway and once or twice he got 3/4 of the way up before falling back onto his back. It definitely is freaking me out!!

sunnydaze September 1st, 2013 06:33 AM

Lilah likes to "talk". We go back and forth in our conversations. She works so hard to get the sounds out and then looks excited when she does.

All she wants to do is stand on my thighs.