JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   My super, sound, swaddled, sleeper... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2680221-my-super-sound-swaddled-sleeper.html)

Hopeful2BMommy September 20th, 2013 07:33 AM

My super, sound, swaddled, sleeper...

Is now a tossing, turning, tantrum thrower at night! He has started turning over so I know it's time to stop swaddling. He just doesnt sleep sound anymore! He wakes up throwing his arms and legs everywhere. I give him his Paci which does calm him, but he knocks it out within seconds. He wakes up earlier to eat. I just want to keep swaddling him!
Any advice?

navywifey2003 September 20th, 2013 09:20 AM

Re: My super, sound, swaddled, sleeper...

At this age they are really starting to notice the world around them which makes for fussy bedtime because they don't want to miss anything. Eating more could be a growth spurt. You could try to up his ounces in his bottle to see if that makes any difference.

MamaSkunk September 20th, 2013 10:00 AM

Other moms are having the same problem I learned after DD that swaddling them at night just ends up being yet another bad habit to break so I only did it for about two weeks after he was born. But Tristan also was rolling over insanely early so that was also incentive enough to stop swaddling him.

TeresaV September 20th, 2013 06:28 PM

I REALLY wish I didn't get into the swaddling habit. Morgan sttn at 2 months old, and now wakes up at least 3 times each night since we've stopped swaddling.

MissyBee September 20th, 2013 06:52 PM

I wish I hadn't either. But, I was getting no sleep before swaddling! So it was nice to get a little more rest. He's been both arms out for the last 3 nights and I plan to start loosening it around his middle a little each night starting next week until we can hopefully have it off. I tried it off the other night and it didn't work. He didn't go to sleep until I finally put it back on! He can't roll from his back yet, though I do think he's getting close, so hopefully by the time he does the swaddle will be no more!

TeresaV September 22nd, 2013 07:26 AM

Morgan is back to sttn. Thank God! That was an awful couple of weeks.

MissyBee September 22nd, 2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaV (Post 27671818)
Morgan is back to sttn. Thank God! That was an awful couple of weeks.

Yay Morgan! So jealous! Porter did sleep for like 5 hours in one stretch last night. So maybe we are getting closer!

Brie289 September 23rd, 2013 02:56 PM

We're in the same boat. I've been swaddling him with one arm free and alternating them and he did pretty well last night, just pray it continues and we can give it up totally soon. I asked the doc if it would really be so bad to swaddle till he was 18 lol!

Hopeful2BMommy September 23rd, 2013 06:19 PM

Eli can get himself turned with one arm out so that doesn't work for him.

MissyBee September 23rd, 2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy (Post 27675707)
Eli can get himself turned with one arm out so that doesn't work for him.

Porter has both arms out, but still swaddled around the middle. He isn't rolling from back to tummy yet, but he's close. But he turns himself all the way around in his crib. Even when he was totally swaddled in the bassinet he would always somehow scoot himself all the way to the bottom of it. I know once he is rolling both ways (he can do tummy to back) he's gonna be all over the place in his crib!