JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Let's chat.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2680373-lets-chat.html)

navywifey2003 September 20th, 2013 08:47 PM

Let's chat....

Ok ladies let's have a chat. Our board seems to be dying, I totally understand we are all new moms, have jobs, ect ect. But what can I do to get this board the place to be again.

MamaSkunk September 20th, 2013 10:19 PM

Re: Let's chat....

I'm sorry I have been slacking between the PPD...even with the meds...and with DD being a constant brat lately and little man I have been pretty quiet on here. I know its stupid but my PPD makes me feel like who cares what I have to say and if I do post I feel not many respond to my posts anyway so I have been sticking to Facebook.
Also on top of my PPD I just got news that for the second time in a row they have detected abnormal cells on my last pap(done at 6 weeks PP...first was abnormal at 12 weeks preg) I go in on the 30th for a biopsy. And I am terrified of the big C word. I've been spending tons of time with my kids and taking tons of pics of myself with them and writing them letters just in case as I am really afraid. I've known for a few weeks now about this and haven't posted about it or told any of my friends or family except my mom and DH because to talk about it makes it real. And I am very scared about the results.

navywifey2003 September 20th, 2013 10:27 PM

Hugs Hun. I had an abnormal when I was 17. I had a biopsy done and it showed some abnormal results, then I had a procedure done called cryo. It froze the cells and they sluffed off the abnormal cells. I have not had an abnormal since. My mom had cervical cancer when she was 28. She had a hysterectomy, and no issues since, I hope it all comes back fine!

MissyBee September 21st, 2013 12:03 AM

I try to post, I just don't have as much time as I used to! I try to check when I'm nursing, but if I forget to grab my phone, I can't get up and get it! I think y'all are doing great and I know it seems slower on here since we all had our babies, but I don't think anyone expects y'all to do any more than you do. After all, y'all had babies too! And both have other children! And you both have other time/energy consuming things going on in your lives!

Karry, good luck at the doctor! Hopefully it will all turn out ok! My grandmother had cervical cancer at some point (i was little) and I don't know what they did about it, but I do know she was fine and didn't have any other problems from it. I'll be thinking about you!

Kim3 September 21st, 2013 05:39 AM

Karry - try not to worry. I had an abnormal result after DS2. They told me a recent pg could cause it. They did a freezing procedure and all was OK. Hopefully they are just being cautious. kup

eshute September 21st, 2013 10:12 AM

Karry - as everyone else has said, it often comes back nothing and even if it does come back something, it's normally treatable. My mother had to have cells frozen before I was born and all that, and I've had two or three abnormal paps. The C word is definitely scary, but it sounds like the doctor is being very active about finding out what is going on, so everything should turn out just fine.

MamaSkunk September 21st, 2013 11:10 AM

Thanks everyone.

MummyTo2Plus5 September 21st, 2013 12:50 PM

Hugs

QueenCrafty September 21st, 2013 06:45 PM

Lyndsey you are doing great!! I know we are all busy. I try to check in at least once a day. I need to do better about starting posts too.

Karry I hope the results will turn out okay!

MrsLat September 24th, 2013 08:42 PM

Karry--sending positive thoughts your way that the biopsy comes back okay. I can't imagine how scary that must be :(

I apologize ladies, despite my efforts... I have slipped into an MS relapse. I will try to pick back up some topics when I feel better.

overlinmommy17 September 25th, 2013 03:16 PM

Valerie I'm so sorry! I hope u feel better soon!
Karry I hope everything comes back okay with your test results! and I can really relate to the way you felt with the depression....it does tend to make you feel like no one cares. I have dealt with some of the same feelings myself. It can be really really hard and it makes you feel very isolated because you think that no one really understands what you're going through.

Lyndsey you have had a lot going on yourself.... :(I hope that everything is OK!

MarylandMama September 26th, 2013 04:09 PM

Karry, I'll be praying for you! Big hugs and keep us posted! Abnormal paps are super common and usually nothing. I have a close friend who went through the same thing, but everything turned out to be ok.

And Lyndsey, I think you are doing a great job. I think that everyone is just super busy. I wish I could be on more often, but with the two girls and being back at work, there is just no time for anything. I really care about you ladies, though, and try to check in when I can. I will continue to do that.

zkat September 27th, 2013 11:59 AM

I usually post from work on my laptop but work has been insane lately, so I haven't had time :(

I am on my ipad at night and the forum is horrible on apple products. I only have one browser that works decent for posting so I read a lot at night, but don't respond. Or I try to respond and give up out of frustration.

ashleykathleen September 27th, 2013 02:23 PM

Karry- hugs! Like many other ladies said, I have also had a few abnormal paps and I have a family history of cervical cancer so it always freaks me out. I have had a biopsy that came back normal and one that did not. Ended up freezing the cells and haven't had an issue since. Huge hugs! I know everything will be just fine.

I've been trying to make more of an effort to post now that my job has settled down and we are all getting back to the normal school/work routine. I think y'all are doing just fine :)