JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   The Big Snip (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2680407-big-snip.html)

Kim3 September 21st, 2013 05:24 AM

The Big Snip

I started my days out of town yesterday - just as it was the day for DH to get the big "V". Kinda felt bad - I had my Dad take him. Nothing like a man having to go for that with their father in law (I really don't think DH cared though). There was no way I could take off yesterday and DH didn't want to post pone. He seems to be doing quite well. Had the procedure at 2 and was driving again by 5. Used a little ice - but no pain medication. Seems to be tons easier than what the woman would have to go through. Funny - it is a big decision to end your fertility - but we both had no second thoughts. Don't know what I would do without our baby girl. I do feel like the luckiest woman in the world to be surrounded by three kids. We really just want to keep it at 3 (especially since DH is 45 years old).

Joanne Nicole September 21st, 2013 07:07 AM

Re: The Big Snip

We're getting The Big Snip done as well. If money were no object I'd probably have two more - but it'd have to be right away, seeing as DH is nearly 40 and doesn't want to be an old dad. But I'm very happy with our family the way that it is, so I'm not feeling conflicted about making it permanent.

Frustratingly, the office that DH was referred to for the procedure is booked solid until April! Boo.

navywifey2003 September 21st, 2013 11:39 PM

You have a beautiful family! I'm glad you feel great about your decision.

TeresaV September 22nd, 2013 08:22 AM

We're going that route, too. He needs to get it done by the end of the year because we've already met our insurance deductible this year, and probably won't again.

Madison.Hailey.Zack September 22nd, 2013 01:06 PM

We had talked about it but since I was having another c-section it only made sense to have me get my tubes tied during it. We both feel very complete now that we have our son but I still have moments of sadness that I will never experience a pg again. I know we could never handle 4 so it makes it easier. If we ever have another child it will be because one of the girls got pg and wants to give it up for adoption. We both agreed that it would be us who adopted their baby.

Kim3 September 22nd, 2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaV (Post 27671812)
We're going that route, too. He needs to get it done by the end of the year because we've already met our insurance deductible this year, and probably won't again.

Under the new Health Care law, it was covered $100%. Not sure if that is true for everyone. Worry not - we hit our family deductible with Elli's birth anyway.

QueenCrafty September 22nd, 2013 03:25 PM

That's funny that your dad took him! We've discussed it but are putting that on hold for a little while. I'm just not sure yet.

jhmomofmany September 22nd, 2013 03:48 PM

We knew for a fact 3 was our limit too. We had DH scheduled for a V but then he had to change jobs and lost insurance coverage. The rest is history, LOL! :)