JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Welp it's up (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2680915-welp-its-up.html)

navywifey2003 September 23rd, 2013 02:19 PM

Welp it's up

The June 2014 due date club.
Do you remember what you felt when you got your bfp?

jhmomofmany September 23rd, 2013 04:03 PM

Re: Welp it's up

I was just thinking it had been a year. I kept a journal at the time, my first BFP was Oct. 2. I was scared. We had had a loss a few months prior, so I prayed every day that the baby would be ok.

TeresaV September 23rd, 2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhmomofmany (Post 27675338)
I was scared. We had had a loss a few months prior, so I prayed every day that the baby would be ok.

Same here. As a matter of fact, the other day I was feeling pretty guilty about how NOT excited I was to be pregnant. Not that I wasn't excited, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I remember telling DH "um, I'm pregnant again...for what it's worth." Wow, talk about glass half empty....

MarylandMama September 23rd, 2013 08:02 PM

I was super excited. We hit the jackpot on the first try. I came out of the bathroom and jumped on top of my husband (he was laying in bed) and practically screamed it at him. He was way excited, too. And then we prayed together about it. It was great. :)

overlinmommy17 September 23rd, 2013 10:29 PM

I was in a mcdonalds bathroom! Lol!!! I was totally shocked!!! Complete disbelief!

navywifey2003 September 23rd, 2013 10:51 PM

I cried, screamed, said I didn't want to be pregnant, it was an emotional roller coaster! I'm so happy she is here though and God has a plan for our PayPay.

KellBell2621 September 24th, 2013 05:47 AM

i remember getting my bfp! i waited to test on my hubby's birthday and it was positive (oct 21st) i was so excited i was crying. and i immediately thought it was a girl ;-) i can't believe it's been almost a year already!!

Madison.Hailey.Zack September 24th, 2013 07:23 AM

I was completely shocked because I had tested 4 days before then and got a negative and had not a single sign I could be pregnant. We were trying but wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. I got my + on Oct 23rd and we were having Hailey's first birthday party that weekend :D

sunnydaze September 24th, 2013 07:38 AM

I cried for about a week and didn't tell anyone. Because I really didn't know how I was going to afford another mouth to feed.

We seem to be doing just fine now though.

Mom2LillieAidan September 24th, 2013 07:59 AM

I got my BFP on oct 6. I just kinda stared at the test like, what?! I was surprised because we had only been trying for one cycle, but I was so happy.

MissyBee September 24th, 2013 08:24 AM

I got mine on Oct 15th and I was totally in shock. My husband was in denial for little bit. Haha. But I was super excited! Can't believe we're coming up on a year!

MamaSkunk September 24th, 2013 08:43 AM

I got my BFP on October 15th. DD and I went to CVS and picked up a test. I was in shock as it literally came the first month after we started trying. I told DD first. I waited 3 long weeks to tell DH on his bday of Nov. 5th by putting DD in a reveal shirt and DH still didn't quite get it lol.

ashleykathleen September 24th, 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnydaze (Post 27676773)
I cried for about a week and didn't tell anyone. Because I really didn't know how I was going to afford another mouth to feed.

We seem to be doing just fine now though.

This exactly. Even though we wanted another, the reality of it sank in and I panicked for a few days before even telling DF :oops:

QueenCrafty September 24th, 2013 07:02 PM

I remember being a little shocked. I took a test on the day AF was due because DH and I were getting on a plane for Italy that night. The test was negative so I had quite a bit of wine for 4 days in Florence. By the time we got to Rome, AF still hadn't shown. I stopped by a pharmacy and got a BFP. The day after, we went to the Vatican and I said a prayer and lit a candle for a healthy pregnancy in one of the chapels there. I'd say we've been blessed. :wub:

MrsLat September 24th, 2013 08:20 PM

I got my BFP on October 5th. I was so thrilled, and scared, at the same time. Alex was excited and got a HUGE smile on his face. I think I fell even more in love with him in that moment! Can't believe its already been a year...

eshute September 25th, 2013 06:05 AM

Shocked. The only reason I took a test was because my mom said I should. I had been nauseous, but figured it was my acid reflux. I felt normal as far as my PMS and swore my period was coming. She asked me every day for a week how I felt and then one day she asked me "did you get your period?" I said "oh...no. I guess it's about 4 days late." I picked up a digi that night after work and took it in the morning. I was sure it was going to be negative. I just stared at the word "pregnant" until my eyes teared up and I started shaking. I blinked hard to make sure I was reading the whole thing and kept searching for "not" on the digi screen. I was shaking bad enough that I could barely hold my phone. I called my mom and she could hear me crying and her first words were "Oh my god, are you ok? were you in an accident??? ELISE!" I squeaked out "I'm pregnant." needless to say, I was in shock. SO took it well. He was in california. We had broken up 2 weeks before my BFP. I cried and cried. Went to work and on my way there, I brought some cheapies. I took cheapies for about 2 weeks and was still in disbelief. I prayed so hard that I'd have a healthy baby and I couldn't ask for more. I was so terrified of having a MC since it was my first pregnancy. Crazy. I'm getting choked up thinking about it now.

bribugg13 September 25th, 2013 07:30 AM

We had been TTC for almost a year and I finally started temp charting and also had an appointment at my doc to have blood drawn to see if I ovulated.....of course the test said yes because I got my BFP that same month on October 13th! DH and I were very happy and excited to FINALLY be pregnant again!!