JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Woohoo Cloth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2684750-woohoo-cloth.html)

MamaSkunk October 9th, 2013 08:50 PM

Woohoo Cloth

Well I just bought about 30 dipes...mostly AI2s and pockets. Got some Bamboo liners ordered and ordered some Rock in Green. I cannot wait to get them. Hurry up mail with my fluff post!!!

shen7 October 9th, 2013 09:26 PM

Re: Woohoo Cloth

Yay fluffy mail!!!! :lol: I just ordered some stuff, I don't get much fluffy mail these days since I'm not as addicted to b/s/t'ing as I was with M. But G is getting tight in snappi'ing his medium prefolds already so I got a dozen large prefolds (which we don't have any of) since I want to keep snappi'ing until he is really on solids (at least 3 months away, probably more like 6 months until his poops really change). And I had to get new larger covers too :) I got 4 in different prints. Very excited!!! I haven't had new prefolds to prep in like 2 years!! :) (And I got bamboo this time... Diaper Rite... The price was so good and they don't have TAGS, I hate how prefolds have tags now)

MamaSkunk October 9th, 2013 10:38 PM

Haha yeah and once they come I'm sure I will have more questions. It is kind of intimidating !

MerinSun October 10th, 2013 04:15 AM

Exciting! What brands?

MamaSkunk October 10th, 2013 06:20 AM

Mostly Kawaii and a few WAHM ones(MamaSaylor,Little BeastiesCreations and MamaKay) I tried like 5 from the wahm's mostly for the prints. I got like 2 Coolababys cause they sounded interesting. And a couple Alva AI2s

MerinSun October 10th, 2013 03:40 PM

Oooh, I'll have to look at those sites :)

MamaSkunk October 11th, 2013 12:40 PM

I think I may have a problem lol I ordered 2 more diapers...a custom nightmare before Christmas one and a simba one. I am fairly convinced DH also thinks I have lost my mind

MerinSun October 11th, 2013 03:53 PM

Welcome to cloth addiction :) I set a price limit to keep myself in check. Nothing over $12 new and nothing over $10 used :)

MamaSkunk October 11th, 2013 04:47 PM

For the most part most of the dipes I ordered were under $12. Only about 4 were about 25 each. But I was willing to pay a bit extra for those four... especially if they get DH amped about CDing I am willing to splurge on a couple customs for him. As he thinks I have lost my mind as he still thinks CDing is old school...he even asked me today if I made sure to order diaper pins to close the diapers with. And told me I'd have to dunk them in the toilet....hahaha not with a diaper sprayer dear and they come with snaps and Velcro to close them. He refused to look at the pics so he will just see when they get here lll

MerinSun October 11th, 2013 08:56 PM

Have you discovered the SprayPal yet? It's lovely!

MamaSkunk October 11th, 2013 10:23 PM

Ooo...goes off to Google that

MrsLat October 12th, 2013 08:49 PM

Glad to see you are trying CD! You seemed so against it before! I was before this baby too but I am pretty convinced that I will continue to do it with other children in the future. Yes, it is very addicting. But I am such a cheapskate that I haven't spent anymore than the original batch I bought. I hope you love it too!

MamaSkunk October 12th, 2013 09:05 PM

I wasn't against it except for dealing with the poo and ya know lil man has pooped on me so many times and peed on me so often I am kinda over it. It was also a cost factor as I didnt have the money to buy enough then. But we sold our old car so I was able to splurge

shen7 October 13th, 2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSkunk (Post 27723553)
I wasn't against it except for dealing with the poo and ya know lil man has pooped on me so many times and peed on me so often I am kinda over it. It was also a cost factor as I didnt have the money to buy enough then. But we sold our old car so I was able to splurge

Lol, I love it when a FTM says "I can't do cloth because I won't touch baby poop" I'm like... You will have a baby... You WILL touch baby poop TRUST me lol. It will even go in your washing machine!!! :rofl:

I remember once DD had a big poop in the BATH :O it was soooo gross and I couldn't believe it but I literally picked up a turd in my hand and threw it into the toilet :sick: I didn't even have time to think twice about it. By far grosser than anything I'd ever done with cloth diapers.

This is why we wash our hands, folks. :P