JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Pumpkin patch (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2685064-pumpkin-patch.html)

navywifey2003 October 11th, 2013 07:29 AM

Pumpkin patch

Will you be going to the pumpkin patch?
What does your pumpkin patch have to do, other than picking out pumpkins?

Mom2LillieAidan October 11th, 2013 08:05 AM

Re: Pumpkin patch

Lillie has a school field trip to a pumpkin patch in two weeks. It's not one we've ever been to so I don't know what they have to do.

Kim3 October 11th, 2013 08:36 AM

We are going. Just a hayride, some goats, small corn maze, and a "corn" box.

MissyBee October 11th, 2013 08:43 AM

We're going on Sunday for a friend's kid's party. Not sure what all they have there!

shen7 October 11th, 2013 09:39 AM

We will go tomorrow :) they don't really have activities, but they are in an amazing coastal farm setting and there are tons of great photo op type settings around. Hay bales, old barn and hills in the background, old cool looking trucks and tractors to pose on, etc. M will enjoy just running around exploring. We'll probably prop up G in a bunch of places. Maybe try to find a pumpkin bigger than he is to lean on :) DH has a nice Nikon SLR and he's no pro but he loves a chance to break it out and get some really nice family photos :)

Supposed to be beautiful weather too :) I am excited !

QueenCrafty October 11th, 2013 09:52 AM

If DH's schedule allows it. We usually go to one that has a hayride, petting zoo, and then apple cider after you pick your pumpkin.

beatlechicksteph October 11th, 2013 12:26 PM

We're going next Thursday. I have no idea what's there. It's by my parents house. We're going to take a bunch of fall pictures of Arthur, and then pick out a pumpkin so we can take his picture inside of it. :)

zkat October 11th, 2013 01:42 PM

We usually go to a church supported one by the house. Not much else there except the pumpkins. There are quite a few in the metroplex that will offer hayrides and stuff, but I see a hayride with Bourne a disaster because of allergies and sensory stuff.

I think we are going to let him paint his pumpkin this year instead of carving. Painting is one of his favorite activities, so he should enjoy it.

TeresaMomTo2Boys October 13th, 2013 09:54 AM

we took Trey to the pumpkin patch Oct 1 the day it opened. We just mainly took pictures. Today (if it doesn't rain) we will take Trey and Aidan together and do more photos. We are also meeting up with older sister, her fiance and her son. They have bounce houses, character cut outs, pumpkins, haybale mazes, a pumpkin house (house made of pumpkins) and hay rides

shen7 October 13th, 2013 11:16 AM

Well they actually had more stuff at ours than expected. A big hay bale pyramid to climb with jump off spots with hay under them for landing. And some pigs and goats to see. M was surprisingly uninterested in the animals but loved climbing on the hay. I think we got some good pics but have not had a chance to download them yet. It was colder than ideal so no cute outfits though. We got some pumpkins for decorating the house and it feels nice and haevest-y now :)