JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Cloth Wipes solution (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2685214-cloth-wipes-solution.html)

MamaSkunk October 11th, 2013 05:56 PM

Cloth Wipes solution

Hey ladies...yet another CDing question. So I got some cloth wipes to go with my cloth diapers as I remembered you all talking about this when we were pregnant. I googled cloth wipe solution recipes and holy crap there are tons of different recipes. I noticed a few said they may cause buildup and repelling which I obviously don't want lol. But what are your fave recipes for wipe solution that is tried and true? Or do you buy one from somewhere?

navywifey2003 October 11th, 2013 07:01 PM

Re: Cloth Wipes solution

I just use plain water.

MamaSkunk October 11th, 2013 08:30 PM

Oh well that's easy enough!

Lol sorry about all the stupid questions

shen7 October 11th, 2013 08:48 PM

Yeah we just fill up a Peri bottle with water at the sink and squirt some on a wipe before we use it on a poopy bottom. I had a mini spray bottle I used on M (spraying her bottom directly) but it had small parts and she liked to try to chew it so I had to get rid of it :P

MerinSun October 11th, 2013 08:56 PM

I'm more fancy! WAAAY back when I had Alex I thought about CDing and then opted against it. But at my shower an acquaintance bought me two bags of these lil scented star soaps. Never used them. Until now, lol. Now I have the solution in an old disposable wipes container. In the pocket next to my changer I have all my cloth wipes. I just dunk them into the wipes container and TCB.

MamaSkunk October 11th, 2013 10:19 PM

I just have to say thank you so much ladies for answering all my stupid questions since I am a newbie and you don't make me feel dumb either!! You are the best!

mommy220 October 12th, 2013 12:28 AM

I use a cloth wipes warmer and I just take warn water, coconut oil, a few drops of Dr. Bronner's Castile soap, and a few drops of lavender and then I dunk them and roll them up and put in the warmer. Maybe it's too much work but I have fallen in love with the warm wipes! The coconut oil makes them super soft on her bum.

MamaSkunk October 12th, 2013 07:33 AM

I would love to be able to use coconut oil as I adore the smell of coconut but I am allergic to coconuts

MrsLat October 12th, 2013 08:51 PM

I use 2 cups of water, 2 tbsp baby wash, 2 tbsp baby oil and a few drops of lavender oil in a peri bottle. I love it because when Gray gets stinking like rotten milk under his neck I can use it to fresh him up in between baths :)