JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   OT - Hardcore Prayers Please--Update Post 7 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2685315-ot-hardcore-prayers-please-update-post-7-a.html)

beatlechicksteph October 12th, 2013 08:29 AM

OT - Hardcore Prayers Please--Update Post 7

So, some of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that my DH is out of town this weekend, however, I haven't been very open with why. I'm here, alone, and just need a place to put all my feelings, so I thought I could share here.

A month ago, my FIL went into the hospital with pneumonia. It was not a big deal, he would get better. 4 days after going into the hospital, he took a turn for the worse, and had to be sedated and put on a respirator. Whenever they bring him out of sedation, he would pull the tube out, and they would just have to sedate him again. This was his state for three weeks. They were pumping him full of strong steroids and antibiotics, hoping to get the infection in his lungs cleared out.

Last Sunday, my MIL called and said they were able to take the tube out, he was doing better. Later that night, she called again, saying they had to put the tube back in. Monday, she called and said DH needed to get up there.

DH went up to Iowa Thursday afternoon. I didn't get to talk to him again until last night. Things are not great. They brought in the priest yesterday to sit with them as the doctor explained they would be taking the tube out on Sunday, as my FIL has requested. The prognosis is my FIL will have one good day where he can talk, and then it'll go down from there. Worse case scenario, is 4 days.

It's just so hard to be here while DH is up with his family. Hearing him crying on the phone last night and to not be able to hug him, just ripped me apart. Last night he begged me to send him every picture we have of Arthur.

If you are the praying type, can you please say a prayer for my family? My MIL is a mess, my BIL is being a jerk, and my hubby is a mess who's trying to stay strong for his mom. He's supposed to come back Monday, but I told him to not worry about me, or his class, and we would figure something out if he needs to stay.

I'm going to California with Arthur on Wednesday for a week, and it's just so hard to feel excited about seeing my family, when my other family is going through this...

navywifey2003 October 12th, 2013 08:55 AM

Re: OT - Hardcore Prayers Please

Oh Hun, i am so sorry! I'm praying for your family!

MissyBee October 12th, 2013 09:07 AM

Oh no! :( Praying!

~Traci~ October 12th, 2013 10:34 AM

I'm so sorry! Sending prayers your way!

BlessednHighlyFavored October 12th, 2013 12:36 PM

lurking but will pray for your family

QueenCrafty October 12th, 2013 01:20 PM

I'm so sorry!! You guys will be in my thoughts!

beatlechicksteph October 12th, 2013 09:00 PM

Re: OT - Hardcore Prayers Please--Updated, Post 7

Thank you everyone for your prayers. FIL passed away peacefully this afternoon. DH is staying in Iowa until Saturday. The funeral is on Thursday. I wish I could be with him right now, but he just wants me to continue on with my plans. This really sucks.

navywifey2003 October 12th, 2013 10:14 PM

Re: OT - Hardcore Prayers Please--Update Post 7

Oh no that is so sad. I am so sorry for your families loss!

Kim3 October 13th, 2013 04:49 AM

I am so sorry. May there be a sense of peace that envelopes your entire family. If you can, it may help to send random photos of Author to you DH throughout the days. Babies really give us that sense that we all need.

overlinmommy17 October 13th, 2013 04:57 AM

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss!!! I know its so hard right nowm I'm praying for the Lord to give you all strength and peace that passes understanding.l will remember you today in all of my prayers.

Mom2LillieAidan October 13th, 2013 06:12 AM

Oh no! Your family is in my thoughts.

TeresaMomTo2Boys October 13th, 2013 09:50 AM

my prayers go out to your family. when my grandmother was ill and took a turn for the worse, i was still pregnant but some of my family went to visit her. I made a wedding album (of our recent wedding back in march) and rushed it to walmart in their town for my sister to pick up. 2 months later after wedding and a month before baby was born, she passed but I am so glad I got that to her. i am sure your father in law would enjoy seeing photos of the baby.

shen7 October 13th, 2013 11:20 AM

Hugs!! I am sorry for your loss. DH lost his mom a few years back and it is so hard to watch your husband and his family go through that. There's nothing you can do or say to fix it. I agree that sending many pics of Arthur will be wonderful and help remind everyone that your FIL's legacy will live on in his grandson.

QueenCrafty October 13th, 2013 04:18 PM

I am so sorry!! You guys will continue to be in my thoughts. DH lost his father several years ago and it is really hard to see someone you love go through that.