JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Which princess (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2685462-princess.html)

Kim3 October 13th, 2013 05:10 AM

Which princess

As Christmas approaches I have a feeling that I will not be the only mam buying a doll at the Disney store for her little princess. :p Just totally for fun, which princess would you pick for your little girl to love and why.

I love the beautiful Belle. Somehow I think Elli will be a Pocohontas girl. She is string willed with her own personality Some say she takes after her mama - poor child :rolleyes:

shen7 October 13th, 2013 07:50 AM

Re: Which princess

Oh I am sooooo anti princess... Lol. It is totally just my tomboy personality, I don't want any semblance of princesses in my house because it just feels icky to me. I don't have that whole ideological disagreement with the whole princess culture "what are we teaching our daughters" blahblahblah so much as just a lifelong history of NOT being into dolls, tiaras, princess dresses etc. That said, I had to buy M's Halloween costume at Costco and ALL they had were Disney princess costumes, so I got her an Ariel dress and removed the Ariel brooch and she will also have some fairy wings and a ribbon ring and be a fairy, which I think she will love. But she has never been exposed to Disney princess characters, doesn't know who they are. I might be able to stave it off until kindergarten because her preschool is Waldorf and they don't allow any characters of any kind on clothing, toys, etc in the school environment.

Kim3 October 13th, 2013 09:04 AM

I am totally girly. I always dreamed of pink. I have two older boys. I really had to learn boy things. Now I love having a family with a little girl. I want to run to the Disney Store the day after Halloween to purchase extra outfits when they are on sale so that Elli and I can play tea party when she is a little older.

shen7 October 13th, 2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim3 (Post 27724095)
I am totally girly. I always dreamed of pink. I have two older boys. I really had to learn boy things. Now I love having a family with a little girl. I want to run to the Disney Store the day after Halloween to purchase extra outfits when they are on sale so that Elli and I can play tea party when she is a little older.

Haha, yay :) glad you can have fun with a girly girl now!! I always felt bad being such a non-girly mom and having a DD when their were so many moms who REALLY wanted a girl (my SIL just had her 3rd boy and they are done now :( ) and I was honestly neutral.

There are a ton of different Disney princess costumes and it is a bit confusing (like Ariel... I guess *technically* she is a princess... But sorta weird) but basically they are a ton of cheap but fun different girly dresses.

Kim3 October 13th, 2013 11:57 AM

Wait another years. Your girl will demand to wear only pink and my girl will demand to play only with toys that my boys have. :p

ashleykathleen October 13th, 2013 02:27 PM

Merida from Brave is the current favorite at our house. I love that she her beauty is much more realistic compared to the other Disney princesses and the message of "follow your heart and be true to yourself" really speaks to me.

Plus our family is really big into our Irish/Scottish heritage :)

QueenCrafty October 13th, 2013 04:13 PM

I am generally anti-princess and didn't allow it for a long time. But it seeped in. I would prefer Mulan. Though she isn't really a princess. Merida would be a close second. I'm more into strong women who don't need a man to make her happy. Of course this is funny coming from a SAHM who is completely supported by a man. Abri's favorite princess is Ariel but I'm not sure why.

navywifey2003 October 13th, 2013 09:48 PM

We are huge Disney fans here! David loves watching the movies with Katelynn. :) we currently have VHS in our playroom where they watch a movie together before bed. I guess I don't read to much into the story behind it, I just see t as fantasy. My daughter is girly and digging for worms the next. Her favorite is mulan and Cinderella.

bribugg13 October 14th, 2013 01:35 PM

I'm a huge Disney fan as well, and love all the princesses! I couldn't pick just one though! ;)

Madison.Hailey.Zack October 14th, 2013 02:41 PM

Madison is big on Cinderella and Snow White. Hailey doesn't have a favorite yet. Zack won't be getting a disney princess for christmas :P

overlinmommy17 October 14th, 2013 02:43 PM

LOVE disney !!!! I'm obsessed with Ariel:)