JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   should I just cut it off now? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2685562-should-i-just-cut-off-now.html)

shen7 October 13th, 2013 04:46 PM

should I just cut it off now?

My hair is falling out hardcore. I get rat sized hairballs in the drain and handfuls whenever I run my fingers through to redo my ponytail or braid it. It is long and dark and so the individual hairs are quite noticeable.

I was going to wait until it was done falling out and then go to the stylist who has cut it several times for me in the past. But I am so done with shedding everywhere I go that I am seriously considering just taking a pair of scissors to it myself. My stylist takes some time to line up and I have to line up childcare, etc and I just want this hair off, kwim???

DH told me I looked very beautiful in the morning light when I first pulled my bun out and shook my hair down. I said, " and then when I started pulling out clumps of hair and collecting a massive hairball... Did that ruin it?" And he was like, "yeah, just a bit." Lol

TeresaV October 13th, 2013 05:10 PM

Re: should I just cut it off now?

I am going through the same thing. I have long, dark hair too. I always seem to get strands stuck in my bra and I spend all day trying to fish them out. So annoying!

MissyBee October 13th, 2013 05:13 PM

Mine is falling out SO bad. I wanna cut it but my husband doesn't want me to. I need to talk him into it! I don't really wanna cut it bc it's taken forever to grow out, but it looks horrible so I need to. :(

TeresaV October 13th, 2013 05:19 PM

My hair looks awful short. I pull it back all the time anyway. I've hacked it all off twice and regretted it both times. DH hated it short, too. Guess I'm stuck.

~Traci~ October 13th, 2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaV (Post 27724902)
I am going through the same thing. I have long, dark hair too. I always seem to get strands stuck in my bra and I spend all day trying to fish them out. So annoying!

Yes, I have this same problem! I have also noticed it all over my girls too. I am like a shedding dog. It is horrible! I can't remember how long this lasted the first time. This must stop soon if I am going to have any hair left.

MissyBee October 13th, 2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaV (Post 27724921)
My hair looks awful short. I pull it back all the time anyway. I've hacked it all off twice and regretted it both times. DH hated it short, too. Guess I'm stuck.

Mine lives in a ponytail pretty much. I wouldn't do super short. Just to my shoulders or maybe a little above. I need to be able to pull it back!

navywifey2003 October 13th, 2013 06:35 PM

Mine is doing the samething! I need a cut so bad!

jhmomofmany October 13th, 2013 06:44 PM

I had waist-length hair, got it cut to my chin when John was about a month old. I'm still shedding lots, but it is so much bettter! I kept my hair very long my whole adult life, so I wasn't sure how I'd adjust to wearing it shorter. It was always in a pony tail or a braid, so it was nice to be able to leave it down without any hassle. And I got lots of compliments including ladies that told me I look younger. I really like it!

shen7 October 13th, 2013 07:00 PM

I think I:m gonna do it. I mentioned my annoyance with my hair to DH and he said he likes me with short hair too and it would be nice to not have my long hairs shedding everywhere :) it is curly too so very forgiving. I think I will buy some new hair scissors and just do it myself. Then in a few months I can get it cleaned up :) I bet my stylist will be horrified lol but WHO CARES. With my curly hair and the fact it is always up anyway, I highly doubt anyone will be able to tell it is a DIY job :) I've done it before

MerinSun October 13th, 2013 08:01 PM

Today DH was changing Rory when I heard him say to him "What's in your hand? OHMYGOD that's a lot of hair! Whose hair is that? Is it mine? No, wrong color and length. Where did you get that? Were you playing with a brush?" Finally I had to break in and say that I was holding the baby before putting him down to do something else before DH came along to change him. I kinda thought this stage of post-partum would have been over by now. This never happened to me with Alex.