JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Thursday 3 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2686388-thursday-3-a.html)

navywifey2003 October 16th, 2013 10:24 PM

Thursday 3

Did you ever want to change your name?
What would you change your name to?
Did you go by a nickname?

ashleykathleen October 16th, 2013 10:44 PM

Re: Thursday 3

When I was about 4 years old, I changed my name to Queen Kimberly. Apparently I wouldn't speak to anyone or even acknowledge that they were talking unless they called me Queen Kimberly. This lasted for nearly a month :lol:

At this point in my life I can't see myself as anything but Ashley.

I got called Ash (which I hate for some reason). My dad calls me Spud (long story) and my mom still calls me Turtle because I'm generally late to everything and never in much of hurry.

Kim3 October 17th, 2013 05:17 AM

When I was little I wanted to be Dolly (Dolly Pardon).
I am fine with the name Kimberly.
Lazy - would never change.

bribugg13 October 17th, 2013 05:27 AM

I don't think I would have changed my name, just the spelling of it. I got a lot of "Brian"'s during my school years, I was one of the few, or only, Brianne's. The only nickname I ever go by is Bri (Bree)....see what I mean about the spelling? :D

Mom2LillieAidan October 17th, 2013 06:41 AM

I used to wish my middle name, Rene, was my first name. But other than that, it's alright.
I don't hate Jessica, it's just a really common name, especially for the 80's.
Jess and Jessi are my main nicknames, though my mom used to call me Boot (long story)

Joanne Nicole October 17th, 2013 08:06 AM

I never much cared for my name. It's just one of those plain-jane names like...well...Jane. I always thought my little sister's name (Julie Anna) was so much prettier than mine, and I was jealous of it. My mom always tells me about how she wanted to name me Genevieve or Elise but my dad said no. I like those names better than my own.

In high school and university I went by Jo because I thought it was more fun/cute/quirky/whatever than Joanne. My family and friends from back then still sometimes call me Jo, but mostly as an adult I've always gone by Joanne.

I wouldn't change it, but I certainly don't love it. It just is what it is. Besides, as a stay at home mom, I almost never hear my own name. I'm mommy to the kids, and DH calls me "dear" 95% of the time.

Hopeful2BMommy October 17th, 2013 09:42 AM

I've always liked my name Amy Sue. That's what a lot of people call me.

shen7 October 17th, 2013 10:44 AM

I don't love my name but I would never change it. I did change my last name when I married DH which surprised some people. But I like his last name better :lol:

lhug_nar October 17th, 2013 01:20 PM

I wanted to be Tamara for some reason when I was little and wanted to be called Tammy.

I go by Tiff or Tiffi. If someone calls me Tiffani it's someone who doesn't know me or they're trying to really get my attention.

jhmomofmany October 17th, 2013 04:14 PM

My name is ok but I don't love it. I knew a lot of Jennifer's growing up. I never thought about changing it, I have no idea what I would like better!

My family called me "Jennie Bear" growing up. Sometimes DH calls me Jennie. Most people up here call me Jen, I don't know why. I say "Hi, I'm Jennifer" and they say "Hi, Jen!"

QueenCrafty October 17th, 2013 06:15 PM

As a really little kid I didn't like my name. I got teased for having boy names- Courtney Ryan. Around 7 I decided I was okay with my name. Sometimes my mom called me CR and my best friend called (and still does) me Corny. That nickname has been around since I was 13. DH just calls me babe