JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone starting a Christmas tradition? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2687958-anyone-starting-christmas-tradition.html)

Kim3 October 24th, 2013 07:18 AM

Anyone starting a Christmas tradition?

Anyone starting a tradition for their LO. Perhaps a special ornament each year? A letter to their little one? I want to do something - although I feel kinda bad about starting something when I didn't for my boys.

KellBell2621 October 24th, 2013 08:40 AM

Re: Anyone starting a Christmas tradition?

i want to do a family photo every year, getting all of us dressed up for a picture is not easy but i figure if we take it ourselves we'll save a ton of money and have a memory forever..speaking of which we need to do that soon!

bribugg13 October 24th, 2013 01:10 PM

We started doing Elf on the Shelf last year with Connor, though I'm pretty sure he doesn't really remember it, this year will be more fun. We always do family Christmas ornaments and ornaments for the children, so that will continue as well.

QueenCrafty October 24th, 2013 02:06 PM

We drive up to the mountains the weekend after Thanksgiving to pick out and cut our Christmas tree. We also do Elf on the Shelf, and my mom gets ornaments for all the grandchildren.

Joanne Nicole October 25th, 2013 09:34 AM

DH and I have gotten a meaningful ornament each year since we've been together, and it's fun including the kids in that now. Last year Fiona was 4 at Christmastime and I really wanted to start doing Elf on the Shelf, but somehow December came and went without getting around to it. I'd like to start this year.

Madison.Hailey.Zack October 25th, 2013 09:45 AM

We have a couple we do. I buy matching pj's for them to wear christmas eve night. I started that when Hailey was born. I also get them each an ornament that matches what they did that year. Like last year was ballet shoes for Madison. We've also gotten a new personalized one each time we had a baby. So this year I will get one that will include Zack.

navywifey2003 October 25th, 2013 10:22 AM

We do ornaments, make cookies on Christmas Eve, and watch a muppet Christmas carol.

Kim3 October 25th, 2013 12:59 PM

We acutally make stained glass cookies each year. We usually also go to Church on Christmas Eve and then to my parents for dinner.

I am thinking of making Ellianna a special ornament each year. Just hope the boys won't feel left out. I have done a ton of things with them though - we even went to Disney one year coming home late on Christmas Eve. It was fun being in the airport with Santa.