JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Baby Food (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2691435-baby-food.html)

Kim3 November 10th, 2013 10:54 AM

Baby Food

Anyone start yet.
Ellianna loves her bowl of oatmeal each morning. I also make her babyfood. She hated the squash and sweet potatoes. Loves the bananas and apples. Trying pears and carrots this week.

BTW, she also loves birthday cake. I know - she is too young, but she really loved it.

TeresaV November 10th, 2013 01:55 PM

Re: Baby Food

Yep. We started last week (she was 5 months and a few days old). We tried rice cereal a couple of weeks ago just as an experiment. She did okay with it. Since then she was acting super hungry in the evening even after a full bottle and consecutive nursing session. So, I started giving her cereal every evening. Then she started acting super hungry in the morning. Now she gets cereal twice a day. Now she's eating a tablespoon of cereal mixed with 3 tablespoons of BM or 1/3 of a small container of baby food. She tried apples for the first time last night. She was iffy with them, but I know they say it can take up to 10 times for a baby to like a food. We weren't even planning on starting solids until 6 months, but Morgan had other plans. Oh well.

beatlechicksteph November 10th, 2013 04:06 PM

I've started a little. I've given Arthur some banana a couple times. After he attacked my banana with his mouth, I decided he was probably ready. The first time I just gave him a third of a banana and let him play with it, and he really liked that, about a third of that ended up in his mouth. The second time I mashed it up and gave it to him and he really liked that too. I may start him on something else this week. It makes lunch time a lot of fun. We sit at the table together, eating and he'll babble at me, so it's like we're chatting :)

hilachu November 10th, 2013 06:24 PM

we just got the high chair out of the attic.
I'm think we'll start this weekend or maybe sometime this week.
shes been eyeing our food like a hawk for a bit now

navywifey2003 November 11th, 2013 12:30 AM

Not yet. I'm not ready for that mess. :lol:

Kim3 November 11th, 2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27790245)

My first two were messy, Elli - she lets nothing out of the mouth. Little girl has quite the appetite, although I give her only about 2 tbs of baby food a day and a little cereal. She is over 30 ounces of bm per day.

TeresaV November 11th, 2013 04:55 AM

Kim, how many times a day are you feeding Elli?

Hopeful2BMommy November 11th, 2013 09:50 PM

I was giving Eli a little bit every few days but he started getting constipated. I don't know if it was because of the food but I'm going to hold off for awhile.

Kim3 November 12th, 2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaV (Post 27790342)
Kim, how many times a day are you feeding Elli?

When working during the week, I nurse generally around 4 am and 7 am. She then takes 20 ounces while I work (16-18 in bottles and 2-4 with cereal). I then nurse about 3 times after work. On weekends I nurse 7-9 times a day. She eats cereal 1-2 times a day. We mix it with ebm. Sometimes a little homemade bf fruit. Then about a tbs of veggies in the evening.

Last night I made butternut squash and pears. Only gave her a tbs although I think she would have eaten the whole thing. She eats so fast - wide open mouth. She is 15 lb 10 ounces and about 26 inches.

QueenCrafty November 12th, 2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27790245)

Me neither! Maybe I'm lazy, but I'm not sure how to work that into our schedule just yet. Of course he's not quite 5 months, so I have another month before I really start thinking about it.

Madison.Hailey.Zack November 12th, 2013 07:44 AM

I've given him tiny pieces of banana once. I'm waiting until after the holiday's to even start really giving him anything other the BM. He wont even be 6 months till Dec 28th anyway.

eshute November 12th, 2013 08:43 PM

I started on apples about 2 weeks ago. First just a taste of the juice, then I put a piece of banana in one of those mesh things and she chomped on it. I pureed some and she seemed to really like it. Doesn't like rice cereal much and was iffy about the banana we tried. She was also super cranky in the 24 hours after the banana, so I'm going to wait a while before we do more banana. Looking to try more apply and maybe some sweet potato soon. She eyes our food, but she's not too sure about actually eating it. haha.