JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   How many siblings do you have? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2694249-how-many-siblings-do-you-have.html)

Kim3 November 23rd, 2013 06:54 AM

How many siblings do you have?

Do you think this influences the number of kids you have?

I have one sister and one 1/2 sister (was not raised with her and she is 12 years older than me. Great person - It is just that we grew up 1 1/2 hours apart and were at different stages of our life (hence I was 6 when she graduated).

DH is one of 7. I think seeing his family closeness and size made me happy to have at least 3 children. There is nothing as wonderful as being surrounded by your kids in life. I hope I can raise them properly to always love one another and be there for each other.

navywifey2003 November 23rd, 2013 08:47 AM

Re: How many siblings do you have?

I just have 1 sister. My mom wanted more but she got cervical cancer after my sister was born . We are estranged. I think it has played some part in our family size.

MissyBee November 23rd, 2013 08:59 AM

I have 8 brothers and sisters. 2 older half sisters. A full younger sister and 2 full younger brothers. And 2 younger half sisters and half brother. We all have the same dad and grew up together so I don't consider them halves... They are just my brothers and sisters. I definitely don't want that many. But I do want Porter to have a sibling or two because I can't imagine being an only child.

Oh and I also have a step brother, but that's recent in the last few years and I never see him so I don't count him. Lol.

Mom2LillieAidan November 23rd, 2013 09:32 AM

I have an older 1/2 brother, 2 older 1/2 sisters, a younger 1/2 brother and 2 step sisters. I'm not super close with any of them except one of my step sisters. I don't consider any of them 1/2 or step, though. They're just my brothers and sisters. I don't really think it has impacted me other than wanting more than one child.

KellBell2621 November 23rd, 2013 09:54 AM

i have an older brother (we are about 6 years apart) i have a younger half sister (we are 19 years apart) and a step brother and step sister. so 4 total. my parents divorced when i was 8, each remarried. anyways, i am not close with my brother, we get along fine, but being that far apart in age and opposite sex we just never really talked..despite living in the same house. we just always went our separate ways. it has played a huge role as to why i wanted my children so close in age. my kids are 18 months apart and if we do decide we want more i want to have a 3rd within the next 2-3 years. if we dont have another within that time frame i dont think we would even consider trying. i know some people love a big gap between kids it's just not for me

QueenCrafty November 23rd, 2013 05:01 PM

I have a sister who is 4 years older than me. We are somewhat close. Our kids are all about the same age. All the girls love playing with each other (she has 2 girls and a boy like me).

bribugg13 November 23rd, 2013 05:31 PM

I think it does influence, unfortunately it's not working out the way I want! LOL I have 1 younger brother, who I'm not that close with. He's 2.5 years younger and doesn't have a SO (just crazy girlfriends/fiances that come and go) and will probably never have any children (that he knows about). DH has one older sister by about 4 years, she has one child and DH's parents are raising her. I was hoping for 3-4 children at one point so they would have a lot of siblings (aunts/uncles/cousins when they grow up). But we're done at 2 as well, so hopefully they will be very close and maybe they will each grow up and have lots of kids :)

Madison.Hailey.Zack November 24th, 2013 09:42 AM

I have a younger sister who is 3 years younger then me. Then I have a half brother who is 10 years younger then me and a half sister who is 12 years younger then me but I don't call them my half siblings. My sister lives in a different state so we are not that close and since there is a huge age difference between the youngest two and I, we are just in different parts of our lives. I'm the only one with children too.

MamaSkunk November 26th, 2013 09:42 AM

I have 4 brothers. 5 if you count the one that passed. None of my brothers except the one that passed do I share the same dad. However they are my brothers and not "half". It has influenced my decision to have a smaller family and to not want an uneven number...no middle child that way. I as the oldest was also made to help out etc. In alot of ways I raised my brothers and lost a childhood.

Kim3 November 27th, 2013 06:10 AM

I just wanted to add that I didn't intend anything mean by referring to my 1 sister as a half sister. I would never introduce her like that. It is just such a different relationship. I love her dearly but I never lived with her and don't have that many childhood memories with her. By the time I turned 6 she already graduated and no longer spent overnights (we live 1 1/2 hours a part). We would visit - we were just at different parts of our lives. I was like 11 or 12 when she got married and was setting up her first house. I also have a full biological sister less than 3 years older than me. She now lives 2 doors away. Growing up together really changes the relationship.