JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Keep us in your thoughts please! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2702616-keep-us-your-thoughts-please.html)

MrsLat January 10th, 2014 01:42 AM

Keep us in your thoughts please!

*Sigh* Alex has FINALLY completed his Bachelor's degree in Human Resources. Yoohoo right? Not. He works for a lawyer who is a total prick and has no intention of EVER letting Alex move up within the company or get any promotion or anything. We are a family of five living on a RIDICULOUSLY low income and the financial stress is wreaking havoc on our relationship.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers that Alex can find a better paying, more stable/long term job. A real career. That he is proud of.

And if you ladies hear of any good HR opportunities, let me know! Seriously, we don't care where it is in the country. We are pretty desperate. We just need an opportunity quick!

Kim3 January 10th, 2014 04:19 AM

Re: Keep us in your thoughts please!

Thinking of you. If I hear of anything, I would definitely let you kno. Would love to have you live close ;)

Madison.Hailey.Zack January 10th, 2014 08:12 AM

I am praying that something comes up and quickly for you guys.

beatlechicksteph January 10th, 2014 08:16 AM

Praying for you guys, and if I hear of anything, I'll let you know. We're currently job hunting in Iowa, so if I stumble on anything, I'll send it your way. Would he be interested in working in HR in like a school district?

QueenCrafty January 10th, 2014 08:19 AM

Keeping you in my thoughts!! You should look in Charlotte, NC. I saw on the news yesterday that we have one of the best job markets for all industries. Plus the cost of living here is pretty good.

MrsLat January 10th, 2014 09:00 AM

Kim and Angie--Thanks so much for keeping an eye out for me
:)

Stephanie--Honestly he is open to anything. School Districts might be a nice change of pace. He isn't liking the cut-throat corporate world so much. He is more a Type-B personality. The majority of his HR experience is with our non-profit, state run zoo here in Utah :)

Courtney--We are DEFINITELY looking all over North Carolina and the surrounding states. That is where his family lives. (Charlotte specifically, actually) and my brother is in the Raleigh area. My sister is up in Roanoke, VA and we have family spread throughout SC and Tennessee also.

dmreed32 January 11th, 2014 09:53 AM

Where are you located now? It might sound dumb but personnel managers at walmart are a level of management and make more than a beginning assistant manager. Once in there, there are huge opportunities with so many hr positions in districts, regions and higher. Plus a ton of regional trainer positions

zkat January 11th, 2014 01:34 PM

My company has two HR positions posted right now. I just started this week but have known a lot of former employees go to work here and love it. I think both jobs are based in TX but not sure.

Realpage.com.

navywifey2003 January 11th, 2014 03:46 PM

I will keep you guys in my thoughts.

MrsLat January 11th, 2014 11:02 PM

We are currently in Salt Lake City, UT. I will have him look into Walmart.

Kat, thanks for the website. I will have him take a look. I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the positive thoughts, Lyndsey!