JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Change of plans (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2702942-change-plans.html)

Madison.Hailey.Zack January 12th, 2014 01:57 PM

Change of plans

Have you changed some of your parenting choices that you made while you were pg? Like...
Did you decide while you were pg that you would BF and then realized it just wasn't for you. Did you plan to FF and then realized you really wanted to BF?
Did you plan to cloth diaper but then realized it was more then you were expecting? Or did you have no plans to use cloth and then gave them a try and love them.

Kim3 January 12th, 2014 02:07 PM

Re: Change of plans

I planned not to let this little one be in charge. She was going to adjust to our life. Yeah, I say that as I sit here holding Ellianna for her nap.

navywifey2003 January 12th, 2014 02:16 PM

I did that more so with Katelynn, after she came along everything I thought I wanted and how I wanted to parent went out the window. I found myself leaning towards being more of a go with the flow mom and not so much a authoritative as I thought I once was

Madison.Hailey.Zack January 12th, 2014 05:30 PM

I never thought he would end up sleeping in our bed as much as he has so far. I also had planned to make all the baby food but the last couple days I've started giving him pieces of what I'm eating and so far he's been loving it. I did make some baby food but I will not make anymore after then or at least not puree it.

beatlechicksteph January 12th, 2014 05:43 PM

I was going to be firm and not let him sleep in our bed...that went out the window at 2 weeks old. I was also going to be structured and make sure he had a bed time...I'm so go with the flow, and I find myself so much more relaxed than the moms in my local mom group who are stressing that their baby isn't in bed at the assigned bed time.

zkat January 12th, 2014 08:16 PM

So far, no big changes. I am far more laid back this go around. After the first, you realize they make it despite your best efforts to ruin them. Lol.

Mom2LillieAidan January 13th, 2014 06:03 AM

I try to be really laid back but I get frustrated really easily, mostly with Lillie but it carries over sometimes. I'm not as patient as I had planned to be long before I ever had kids. Wow I got off topic.

QueenCrafty January 13th, 2014 08:03 AM

I insisted that Henry would sleep in his crib at night and for naps. Yeah, that didn't happen. I am working on napping in the crib now, but I like him in our bed at night

bribugg13 January 13th, 2014 12:23 PM

I planned to do mostly BLW and no purees, and just started offering purees this month. I also bought a used baby food maker that I'm getting at the end of the week! Kind of excited about that, I hope I get some good use out of it! lol

I figured she would co-sleep and bed share with us, as Connor did, but ends up she likes her space and is a noisy sleeper, she now sleeps in her crib in her nursery with no problems!