JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Snacks (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2708042-snacks.html)

Madison.Hailey.Zack February 13th, 2014 09:28 AM

Snacks

What kind of snacks are your lo's getting now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zack loves puffs and yogurt melts.

MissyBee February 13th, 2014 01:29 PM

Porter loves puffs and crunches.

KellBell2621 February 13th, 2014 02:19 PM

Re: Snacks

puffs and cheerios!

beatlechicksteph February 13th, 2014 03:35 PM

Puffs and cheerios here too! He was getting yogurt melts, but then I bought a new flavour/brand, and he broke out into a rash :( So we're sticking to puffs right now.

TeresaV February 13th, 2014 03:52 PM

I gave Morgan graham crackers for the first time last night and she loved them. She also likes the puffs.

alittlelost February 14th, 2014 08:05 PM

We are mean! We don't do snacks! When they are older we do "snacks" like fresh veggies.

Joanne Nicole February 16th, 2014 09:40 AM

One of the grandparents got Finn some of the yogurt melts for Christmas, and he enjoyed those. But now that we're out, I don't plan on buying more. We do fresh fruit and veggie snacks in this house too. Finn loves bananas, cherry tomatoes (quartered), mango...pretty much anything Fiona snacks on, he does too. I love only having to make one snack and then just splitting it between them. Baby led weaning is so easy!

Kim3 February 16th, 2014 05:44 PM

Cheerios and if I really need 5 minutes, a girl scout cookie :) Nutritionally, they say that snacks for babies are a very important part of their diet, and should be given daily. We try to carry cheerios in our diaper bag for her. There are days though that I need her in the high chair for 5 minutes and one of the GS Cookies in the cupboard works (as some are vegan and Ellianna is dairy free).

alittlelost February 16th, 2014 06:45 PM

Yes, it is important for babies to have "snacks" (as in food between meals) because they need to eat more frequently than adults (who actually really should have 5 small meals a day anyway... but that's another story!) BUT whe they say snacks, they are NOT saying it has to be empty carbs or man made vitamins fortified into empty carbs :) A snack CAN be veggies and fruit if you want it to be :) In fact, nutritionally, they say that is the best bet :)

ETA: I'm not saying cheerios are bad, only that when they snacks they don't mean "snack food" in the way that adults think of snack food. As far as fortified carbs go, cheerios are a great option! We don't personally use them but I'm not knocking those who do! Just saying those of us who go for fresh fruit and veggies instead of yogurt puffs and cheerios ARE still giving the nutritionally recommended snacks, just not in the way most people think of snacks (ie: cookies, etc)

laurenmarie February 22nd, 2014 11:19 AM

he like puffs, cheerios, cut up peaches or oranges

ashleykathleen February 25th, 2014 11:55 AM

McKinley still has some texture issues so our snack choices are still limited at this point. She gags over most things that aren't of a purée texture. She has recently decided that cut up banana isn't too bad. She will also gnaw on rice rusks or pizza crust. Usually I just put her "snack" (fruit veggie whatever) in her mesh feeder because she gets all dramatic if a chunk of anything breaks off.

Hopeful2BMommy February 25th, 2014 02:45 PM

puffs, crunchies, yogurt melts, fruit, cheese, veggies

MrsLat February 25th, 2014 05:28 PM

puffs are the only thing Grayson really eats that isn't a pureed consistency. And scrambled eggs. Otherwise we are sticking to baby food.

navywifey2003 February 26th, 2014 10:30 PM

puffs or boob juice :lol: