JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Affordable baby carrier? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2715040-affordable-baby-carrier.html)

KellBell2621 April 3rd, 2014 10:44 AM

Affordable baby carrier?

Any suggestions on an affordable baby carrier? (trying to stay under $100, closer to $50 if possible) I have one but it was a hand me down and it's not very comfortable and i can only wear hailey facing towards me in the front. i'd like one that i can wear front or back. also is it even possible to get a good one for around 50ish or so?? we've spent a lot of money lately so tax returns are gone. and now that the weather is getting nicer i love being able to take the kids out for walks. my son who is 2 can walk along side me no problems (not a fan of the stroller) and living in an upper apartment and dragging a stroller up and down the stairs is just not doable lol. i know a lot of you ladies baby wear and i'd like to do so more often just want a decent, comfortable, affordable one :)

oh and the main problem with the one i have is that hailey's legs hang in it...like she can sit with them more wrapped around me. i have to hold her legs up in it for her basically which doesnt make it very hands free

Kim3 April 3rd, 2014 04:28 PM

Re: Affordable baby carrier?

I have the Natibaby - which I would not call affordable. However, a lot of the price depends on name brand and pattern. I would think most 100% cotton woven wraps work pretty much the same - although I cannot say that with first hand experience. Perhaps a used woven wrap that has a pull - which would affect look but not function, could be found for $50.

MissyBee April 3rd, 2014 05:13 PM

You could get a Mei tai. Infantino makes one (I know they have it at target) for like $25-$30 I think? You can use it to carry on the front or back (but baby faces inward either way, like their tummy on your tummy or on your back, not facing out.)

Madison.Hailey.Zack April 4th, 2014 04:10 AM

If you are interested I have a Moby for sale for $50. Its to girly for Zack :)

Hopeful2BMommy April 4th, 2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissyBee (Post 28028210)
You could get a Mei tai. Infantino makes one (I know they have it at target) for like $25-$30 I think? You can use it to carry on the front or back (but baby faces inward either way, like their tummy on your tummy or on your back, not facing out.)

I have this and I've liked it pretty well. I don't have anything else to compare it to though. I think it's comfortable and it's cute. But like Missy said, you can only face baby toward you.

KellBell2621 April 4th, 2014 10:26 AM

thanks ladies! I think I Will look into the Infantino one :)

TeresaV April 4th, 2014 03:16 PM

I had one of the other Infantino carriers and it was VERY uncomfortable. I only used it once or twice for that reason. I bought an Ergo and LOVE it. The extra padding makes all the difference. I got a great deal on it ($75). I know that's over your $50 limit, but I hated the Infantino so much that it was a waste of money. It's now sitting in her closet right now collecting dust. I'm not even sure that it is good for babies, as their legs dangle in it as opposed to the preferred straddle.

Hopeful2BMommy April 4th, 2014 04:22 PM

Their legs don't dangle in the mei tei. I really want a tula. Hopefully I'll get one before the next baby is due.

Madison.Hailey.Zack April 5th, 2014 06:46 AM

I have a mei tai that I used a lot with Hailey and its my backup for Zack. I found a great deal on an ergo and use that everywhere with Zack. I love my Ergo. I used the moby wrap with Madison and Hailey.

MissyBee April 5th, 2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellBell2621 (Post 28029034)
thanks ladies! I think I Will look into the Infantino one :)

I sent you a private message. :)