JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Weekend Wrapup (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2718228-weekend-wrapup.html)

Madison.Hailey.Zack April 28th, 2014 04:46 AM

Weekend Wrapup

How was your weekend?

Joanne Nicole April 28th, 2014 06:55 AM

Re: Weekend Wrapup

We're all getting over being sick here. Both kids have had nasty colds, and my cold turned into a sinus infection. I went to the doctor on Saturday and got some antibiotics, so I'm finally starting to feel human again.

Saturday was our weekly Family Night with my dad and step-mum, and my brother and his wife. Yummy dinner, followed by board games (and drinking). Always a good time.

Sunday I got a ton of cooking done. I made a giant batch of spaghetti sauce and froze it in individual containers - enough to last us until we move this summer. I also baked bread, and several trays of crispy/chewy slow-roasted cherry tomatoes, which I'm completely addicted to.

Sunday afternoon my parents were gone for several hours, which is a nice change of pace. They're major homebodies...and so are we. So we're always home together and we always feel like we're intruding on their space. On the rare occasion that they go out, we get the house to ourselves. It's so nice to just be able to cook a meal or watch TV or whatever, and not feel like we need to scurry back up to our bedrooms to get out of their way.

All in all, a pretty good weekend. Low-key, but good.

Madison.Hailey.Zack April 28th, 2014 10:03 AM

Mike was out of town friday and saturday so the kids and I just had lazy day's. Sunday I took advantage of the nice weather and went on a long walk. Mike cleaned out the pond so it can get ready for the fish to move back out there. Other then that is was a quiet, boring weekend.

beatlechicksteph April 28th, 2014 10:44 AM

Our weekend was great. We had friends over Friday night. And we went to the beach on Saturday. And Sunday we had a baby shower! Fun and busy. Can't wait for a relaxing weekend, but we have plans the next 3 weekends.

KellBell2621 April 28th, 2014 01:15 PM

ours was pretty good...lots of family time and got some cleaning done :)

MissyBee April 28th, 2014 11:42 PM

Mine was ok... Went to 2 baby showers! That was about it.

QueenCrafty April 29th, 2014 04:24 PM

Crazy busy! Had a fundraising dinner for DH on Friday night. I ended up winning a long weekend at a beach condo, so that was cool. Saturday morning we woke up super early to get to Lily's dance competition out of town. As soon as she danced, we piled back in the car and headed home. About an hour later, Henry had his baptism. Then everyone went to a restaurant to celebrate his baptism and Abri's 4th birthday. After all that, I took a 2 hour nap. Sunday was a low key day. The weather was great so we grilled out and ate dinner outside.