JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Party Food (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2723540-party-food.html)

MissyBee June 14th, 2014 01:30 PM

Party Food

What kind of food did you have or will you have at your baby's birthday party? And what time of day was the party? Ours is at 2 and I'm trying to decide what food to have!

KellBell2621 June 14th, 2014 05:29 PM

Re: Party Food

Ours is next saturday the 21st, hailey's actual birthday :) it's only from 2-4 and we are having cake & ice cream. we're having it at my dad's since our apt is small. he's having just some appetizers...veggie tray, chips/dip, pretzels and my mom might make a taco dip. i'm expecting anywhere from 20-25 people

MissyBee June 14th, 2014 11:21 PM

Ours is the 21st too! But his birthday is the 26th. We're having a monster theme and I think I'm gonna make monster cookies (sugar cookies decorated) and green rice crispy treats with candy eyes. And then I think fruit skewers (with monster google eyes, of course) and this corn/edamame/tomato dish I like to make. Maybe a platter with some deli meat & cheese. I saw where you can cut the red wax on the babybel cheese and make them look like monsters, so I may do that too. I figure that is plenty since it isn't at a meal time! I am sure we will have too much bc I doubt anyone is actually going to come. Lol.

Madison.Hailey.Zack June 15th, 2014 12:57 PM

Ours is the 28th, his actual birthday and its at 3:30. We are doing pizza, fruit tray and chips with dip. I will also have some munchies like chocolate covered raisins, m&ms and mini candy bars with custom wrappers on them.

alittlelost June 16th, 2014 01:43 PM

We had Isabel's party on her actual birthday (the 14th) at 3:30 pm. It was outside, which actually sucked because of flies and wind. I don't recommend it lol

For food we had (for the adults and older children): fried chicken, cole slaw, potato salad, and roasted corn poblano. Dessert we have (for the adults/older children) frosted sugar cookies, cupcakes, french macarons, party mix, and a candy buffet (gumballs, rock candy sticks, jelly beans). For Isabel we had a gluten free, milk free cake (made with coconut flour and sweetened with coconut sugar since that has a lower glycemic index) and "iced" with plain whipped coconut milk. It actually tasted really awesome. And she didn't smash it. She tried to eat it with a spoon :P

Hopeful2BMommy June 16th, 2014 02:30 PM

Ours is the 21st too!
We are having pizza, chips, pasta salad, fruit and cake!
2:00

beatlechicksteph June 16th, 2014 08:27 PM

We had Arthur's on May 17th, it was at 11, and we had walking tacos, fruit, veggies and cake. :)

navywifey2003 June 17th, 2014 07:56 AM

We had sandwich rolls, macaroni salad, broccoli salad, chips, dip, and cake.

laurenmarie June 17th, 2014 12:42 PM

We had ours on the 8th. Dh made pork ribs and pork shoulders in the smoker. I made a lion's face out of veggies. We had salt potatoes, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, cake, tiger tails (cheese puffs), twigs (pretzels), and drinks like pop, huggie juices, jungle juice, and water. We had a ton of food left over. Usually for our parties we have 50 ppl but this time onlly 25 came. Our party was at 2.