JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Help!!! Salty alternative snack.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2685157-help-salty-alternative-snack.html)

RunningMommyTo5 October 11th, 2013 12:46 PM

Help!!! Salty alternative snack....

I need ideas, ladies!!! I am so nauseated right now that the only things I can consider stomaching are salty foods. Mainly chips and fries....I don't mind eating those occasionally but I can't live off those at the moment! I'm not concerned about weight, but man are they unhealthy. So, can you suggest some good salty alternative snacks that are at least, ummmm, less unhealthy? (doesn't necessarily have to be considered a health food, maybe just not as fatty as chips and fries). I like nuts and cashews usually, but can't stomach the thought of those at the moment. Scrambled eggs w/cheese sounds good, but then I'd need to make it and well, I'm too tired, LOL! Help me out, girls!

Demetria October 11th, 2013 12:56 PM

Re: Help!!! Salty alternative snack....

Well I was going to suggest trail mix, but those normally have nuts and/or cashews in them. lol How about pretzels? Goldfish crackers, Popcorn with a little course sea salt added.

My issue is that I am so very hungry but I just don't want to eat anything, the thought of actually eating makes my already queasy stomach even more queasy.

RunningMommyTo5 October 11th, 2013 01:00 PM

Goldfish actually sound REALLY good! Thanks for that suggestion! I may send DH by the store tonight on his way home to pick up some of those and maybe some popcorn, too!

rabbitranch October 11th, 2013 01:16 PM

Pretzel sticks and Triscuit crackers are some of my faves. The reduced-fat Triscuits taste really good.

Danielle80 October 11th, 2013 01:17 PM

Cheese it's or wheat thins? They have some salty rice cakes. I can't think of anything. Else. My daughter eats veggie chips and they are really good.

susie_q October 11th, 2013 01:25 PM

The snap pea crisps that were mentioned the other day are pretty good, that might help with a salt craving. I've also been craving a biscuit something fierce.

moxiemommie October 11th, 2013 02:08 PM

pretzels... mmm yes. Can you stomach salad? Because All Ive wanted today is romaine lettuce with red cabbage, maybe a tomato silce or avocado slice with cheddar cheese and light ranch dressing. That salty cheddar cheese with ranch dressing sounds so good with all those crisp fresh veggies... mmmm and a hot pastrami sandwhich- I hardly even eat pastrami, or chocolate. that is ALL I want. Yesterday was a salt day. I wanted chips all day lol.

WendyBird October 11th, 2013 02:27 PM

Olives, ham wrapped pickles (sounds weird, but so good!), jerky, Mozzarella tomato salad, rice crackers (from the Asian section), watermelon w/feta cheese and balsamic vinegar, sunflower seeds, hummus and celery.

Justjessie October 11th, 2013 02:29 PM

Can you eat cucumbers or grape tomatoes with some salt on them?

RunningMommyTo5 October 11th, 2013 02:38 PM

Great suggestions, ladies! Keep the suggestions coming! I'm going to be adding some of these items to my weekend shopping list. Especially cheddar cheese, cheez-its, goldfish, olives, hummus, and veggie chips.

The jerky sounds great, but is that an "ok" food for preggos? I can't remember!

Also, the Snap Pea Crisps, can someone describe the flavor? I may like those, but if they taste anything like English Peas or sweet peas, I won't be able to stomach them.

You ladies are AWESOME!

mrs_zipre October 11th, 2013 02:49 PM

If you get that craving at home you could swap the french fries for oven fries or roasted red potatoes. The Veggie Chips are really good.

Demetria October 11th, 2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justjessie (Post 27720855)
Can you eat cucumbers or grape tomatoes with some salt on them?

UGH!!! I wish I would have seen this suggestion before I went to the grocery store for the day! This sounds soooooo good right about now. Throw in some Italian dressing chopped red onions and sunflower seeds and I would so be in heaven right now :cloud9:!

AllyTales October 11th, 2013 03:21 PM

I LOVE cukes sprinkled with just a teeny seasoned salt.
Popcorn is another big one of mine, too. I pop my own and added a little butter and seasonings.
What about hummus and veggies?

MamaFish October 11th, 2013 03:25 PM

I was into trying some recipes today. I made sweet chili popcorn and "Squash Doritos".

Sweet Chili Popcorn Seasoning Recipe | Yummly

Squash Dorito Chips

I used a dehydrator instead of baking them, and I didn't use oil.

moxiemommie October 11th, 2013 03:27 PM

The snap pea crisps to me dont have a "pea" taste, they taste different than, chips, but not totally different. They have, a Veggie flavor. They are lighterr than chips, but salty, I wish I could just give you some, I bought a whole bag at costco! LOL

angelsailor288 October 11th, 2013 09:55 PM

My first pregnancy I lived off of rice cakes and gingerale in the first trimester. Looking about the same with this one.

mrsdaiwa24 October 12th, 2013 05:41 AM

I like baked potatoes with salt and pepper.

What about sweet potato oven fries? Or hard-boiled eggs with salt?

chrysalis1 October 12th, 2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 (Post 27722025)
I like baked potatoes with salt and pepper.

What about sweet potato oven fries? Or hard-boiled eggs with salt?

OMG as soon as I post this I am going straight into the kitchen to make some hard boiled eggs....

WendyBird October 12th, 2013 03:57 PM

Yes, you can eat jerky