JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Cloth diapers? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2685372-cloth-diapers.html)

angelsailor288 October 12th, 2013 02:24 PM

Cloth diapers?

So who plans to cloth diaper? Nicholas was cloth diapered from about 2 months til potty training a month ago. So I have all my one sizes, I'm just looking into some newborn fluff. Cant wait to start buying it. I'm an addict lol :D

Justjessie October 12th, 2013 02:40 PM

Re: Cloth diapers?

I could see myself getting into it because of the cuteness but I'm about to be a full time working mom to four with DH at work most of the time...so I'm going to stick with disposables =) And pray that #4 potty trains as fast as my first three did =)

rabbitranch October 12th, 2013 03:08 PM

We CD'ed baby #4 and I still have some of his diapers. Was disappointed that all of our Fuzzibunz (sized) elastic went bad and the BumGenius velcro tabs were no longer working. I won't be buying either of those again. Really looking hard at Best Bottoms.

angelsailor288 October 12th, 2013 04:02 PM

I used best bottoms for a bit, they are good as long as you don't have a heavy wetter, if so you need the doublers. I also preferred the stay dry over the hemp. The hemp got stiff.

Demetria October 12th, 2013 04:39 PM

I thought about making my own, if I decide to invest in a snap machine but I am still undecided. I really don't want to fall into the addiction again as I already have a serious fabric buying problem lol I really don't want to add to the spending craze! lol

mommy10_13 October 12th, 2013 05:11 PM

No, I like being able to just throw the crap away right away lol. I hated hand washing training pants. They are cute though.

moxiemommie October 12th, 2013 05:16 PM

yeah, I now have to share the washer & dryer with my mom and leave my washer/dryer because there was no spot for them. I really dont want cloth diapers sitting since we have "laundry days" on a schedule. YUCK! lol

mrsdaiwa24 October 12th, 2013 05:22 PM

We used CDs with Betsy (BumGenius snap pockets). I plan on using them again but will need to find out if daycare will allow them. Betsy's old daycare was fine with them, but she's in a new place now so I'm not sure if they'll allow them.

LShumate1010 October 12th, 2013 08:47 PM

Love cloth and will be using them again. I'm a SAHM so its easier for us! And cheaper! I have sunbabys, bum genius, Kerr bear kids, and kawaiis. :)

1fabulousfem October 13th, 2013 04:11 AM

Just lurking! We started using cloth when my son was 11 months old. Most of his stash is bumGenius with a few FuzziBunz and Tots Bots too.
We've decided to do cloth with my soon to be NB right from the start and after doing tons if research we are going with Blueberry NB Simplex AIOs (used to be Swaddlebees). They have a snap down for the umbilical stump and fit up to 16lbs and apparently they are the best. The only downfall is that they are a little pricey!
Just wanted to share what I think will work best for us with a toddler running around. LOL!
Good luck and have a H&H 9 months! :)

3maybe October 13th, 2013 05:28 AM

Nope, never been interested. I'm a sposies mom.

TiggersMommy October 13th, 2013 08:53 AM

We CD'd DD from birth. I'm stoked to CD this one as well. I taught myself how to knit this year so I can make a bunch of wool covers. I have about 8 ready to go for this bean. :)

pixie23 October 13th, 2013 01:57 PM

I am looking into using cloth diapers! :)

angelsailor288 October 13th, 2013 05:51 PM

My absolute favorites are Softbums! Going to use them for newborn stage.
We have a wide variety of diapers lol. Lots of alva pockets, lots of prefolds, some fitteds, and many many covers. I have an addiction :P

epsilonbeta October 13th, 2013 07:43 PM

I'm going disposables. I don't think hubby could handle anything else. For me it's the gag factor of not wanting dirty diapers waiting for laundry time.

angelsailor288 October 13th, 2013 09:50 PM

It's not that bad :)

PinkFireFly October 14th, 2013 07:17 AM

We will do cloth for this one too... We did for our first and loved it, will do it again...

AtomicMama October 14th, 2013 07:29 AM

I CDed DS until about a month or two before he PTed (he outgrew all his diapers, and I wasn't going to invest in new diapers for a few months), and I will with this baby, too :)

However, I JUST sold ALL my CDs! Which I'm kind of okay with because I was not happy with the diapers I had at the end and a lot of them were starting to have lose elastic or delaminating.

This time, I'm starting over. I want about 30 diapers. I'm getting TotBots, Bluberry, and Apple Cheeks. Maybe a few BG All in Ones because of the cute prints. I think I may rent NB diapers from the local CD store to start. And then I'm not going crazy buying more diapers than I need ;)

MamaFish October 14th, 2013 01:48 PM

I'll be cding again. Looking forward to it. I experimented a lot with my first 'til I settled in on 4x8x4 prefolds and two brands of AIO's for outings. For number 4 hubby said I could splurge on some new diapers and I got the Mother-Ease Sandy's. They are super absorbent and very adjustable, which are two things I always needed ;)

.t.e.r.r.a. October 14th, 2013 02:02 PM

Hey for all you CD addicts... feel free to feed your addictions here --> https://www.etsy.com/shop/earthLINGZdiapers

LOL! J/K, but you should really check them out! I'm not kidding when I say they are AWESOME.

To answer this post. Yes, I will be CDing this little one.